LGS Burned Down Today

LGS Burned Down Today

This is a discussion on LGS Burned Down Today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wasn't sure what forum this best fit in so I decided on the guns forum since it involved a LGS. This afternoon the DFW ...

LGS Burned Down Today

I wasn't sure what forum this best fit in so I decided on the guns forum since it involved a LGS. This afternoon the DFW Gun Range burned down in a massive fire. Early reports are that some moron fired tracer rounds on their indoor range and that started a fire that went out of control. Fortunately, there were no serious injuries but the building is completely destroyed. Here is a link to the story from a credible local news source:

Fire At Dallas Gun Range Near Love Field | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

This facility is familiar to almost any enthusiast in the DFW area, I stop (stopped?) in there every now and then and also have taken training classes there in the past. The story says they kept people away from the scene due to cook off risks and closed Mockingbird Lane (yes, that is a real street, we have a Lovers Lane too). I could see the smoke out the window (I live in a high rise building) but didn't think much of it until I saw the news. Sucks for the workforce, I'm curious what became of their vault.

If it were tracer.....I's say the person who was using it will be in a whole lotta doo doo not to mention whoever allowed him/her into the facility.
    Ya can't fix stupid.....
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

An update: the FD said that a patron admitted firing tracers on the indoor range, they suspect that this started a fire in the shredded tires that are used as a backstop. For those who know about range operation, is using tires as a backstop normal? They also said that this will be a civil matter between the owners and the individual involved and no criminal case will be filed. The concern now is about looting of the site. I have a meeting in that part of town late tomorrow, if I have time I'll drive by the site.

Already running here Bad News for Dallas Area Shooters
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Ah yes it is! Missed that, mods please close this thread.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    An update: the FD said that a patron admitted firing tracers on the indoor range, they suspect that this started a fire in the shredded tires that are used as a backstop. For those who know about range operation, is using tires as a backstop normal? They also said that this will be a civil matter between the owners and the individual involved and no criminal case will be filed. The concern now is about looting of the site. I have a meeting in that part of town late tomorrow, if I have time I'll drive by the site.
    The range where I have my membership has a backstop that looks like small pieces of chopped up tires. They are common backstops, just don't using tracers on them.

Links