Beretta nano concealability. ???'s

This is a discussion on Beretta nano concealability. ???'s within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, I have been lurking for a while now. I carry a Ruger sr40c right now. Being it's cold out, I can conceal it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello all,
    I have been lurking for a while now. I carry a Ruger sr40c right now. Being it's cold out, I can conceal it fairly well with a hoodie or jacket. I am kind of a skinny guy, 5'11" 155 lbs, so it's hard for me to hide anything. Warmer weather is on it's way, and I'm going to need a smaller handgun to still be able to conceal it. I am on the waiting list for an lcp or bodyguard 380 at the LGS. I called them, and they do have a nano in stock. My question is: how easy are they to conceal? I have read many different opinions on whether or not it can be pocket carried. In the summer, I often ride my bicycle to work, so I will need to find a gun I can carry with athletic shorts.
    Should I wait for a LCP? Or buy the Nano?
    Thanks in advance for any advice

Welcome to the site! I just recently went though a search for a "pocket gun", and wanted something larger than a .380. I did look at the Nano, but settled on the Kahr CM9....I just liked the trigger better on the Kahr. Both the Nano and CM9 are similar in size though and can confirm that you can pocket carry a nano. However, you will need deeper pockets and be ok with the heavier weight compared to the Bodyguard or LCP. The LCP and Bodyguard will "disappear" more in a pocket than the Nano, but with that trade off you get a smaller caliber as well. For ME, I'm fine with the slightly larger gun. It gives ME more peace of mind to have a larger round. So, if you will pocket carry in jeans(not skinny jeans lol), casual slacks and shorts with decent sized pockets you'll be fine with the Nano. In athletic shorts, or if your gun needs to "disappear" I would go with the LCP or Bodyguard.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by natey57 View Post
    Hello all,
    I have been lurking for a while now. I carry a Ruger sr40c right now. Being it's cold out, I can conceal it fairly well with a hoodie or jacket. I am kind of a skinny guy, 5'11" 155 lbs, so it's hard for me to hide anything. Warmer weather is on it's way, and I'm going to need a smaller handgun to still be able to conceal it. I am on the waiting list for an lcp or bodyguard 380 at the LGS. I called them, and they do have a nano in stock. My question is: how easy are they to conceal? I have read many different opinions on whether or not it can be pocket carried. In the summer, I often ride my bicycle to work, so I will need to find a gun I can carry with athletic shorts.
    Should I wait for a LCP? Or buy the Nano?
    Thanks in advance for any advice
    after a long search for the "best pocket gun" i settled on the lcp and the lcr..i carry them both in rotation on a daily basis/front pocket with no problems at all,they work great in Desantis Nemesis pocket holsters..IMO,what makes the lcr a top choice for pocket carry is the light weight, only 13.50 ozs and it can handle +p ammo..i also considered the Nano and yes it will fit in the front pocket but the weight is a bit heavy for pocket carry,but it can be done..for pocket carry,i'd recommend you take a good look at the lcr or lcp,JMO..

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Mine conceals very well in cargo pants or shorts as a pocket gun. It conceals even better in an iwb holster. It is slim and smooth.

I don't wear atletic shorts so I can't help there. I imagine smart carry or something similar would work.

IMO, you need to shoot these guns (perhaps at a local firing range) before making your decision. I bought the LCP first and found it to be way to snappy and simply no fun to shoot.
    My favorite pocket carry gun is the Kimber Solo. Perfect size and a pleasure to shoot. Very accurate and the trigger is sweet. The Kahr PM9/CM9 is about the same size so you should
    consider that one also (I didn't care for the style compared to the Solo).
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Mine conceals very well in cargo pants or shorts as a pocket gun. It conceals even better in an iwb holster. It is slim and smooth.

I don't wear atletic shorts so I can't help there. I imagine smart carry or something similar would work.
    Pretty much this to the letter, you might find the Nano to be a big large for pocket carry when you are wearing jeans but I can stick the Nano into my pocket (with a no name pocket holster) when wearing cargo shorts, khakis or anything else with pockets larger than what you find on blue jeans.
    Gen 3 G19 ~ Gen 3 G19 OD ~ Gen 3 G34 ~ PT 738 ~ M&P 9mm ~ Ruger 22/45 4" bull barrel ~ Marlin 60~ PSA M4 Carbine ~

Recoil of the Nano is miniscule. I was really surprised! Subjectively I found it be much softer shooting than the Glock 19 which is slightly larger. It's softer shooting than my Bersa BP9CC, too. I can't recall the last time I had as much shooting a gun I have with my Nano! The trigger is really great, better than I could imagine in a striker fired gun. It's a little long and heavy but there's no stacking and it breaks really cleanly. I went shooting today with my boss who owns a Sig 1911, and after I put a few mags through it I was out-shooting him easily with my Nano!*

The gun is pretty compact, and I doubt you'll have any issues concealing it. At the moment I have two holsters but I still don't have a good belt (IWB or OWB) rig for it. Before I dump a bunch of money into leather I want to get a few hundred more rounds thru it to verify reliability. It's tough to do right now, as hard as it is to find ammo. I've run a few hundred rounds thru it so far with no malfunctions of any kind, even with the 115 gr stuff that it supposedly doesn't like. Assuming the next few hundred go as well as the first few hundred, the Nano will probably become one of my main CCW guns.

*To be fair, I'll concede that I also out-shoot him with his Sig. I'm just a better shot than he is...

Thanks for the advice everyone. I would love to go to a range that rents guns out, but I don't have one anywhere near me. And, the LGS here only has about 10 handguns in stock, many of them being revolvers. So I can't really hold or handle hanguns very easily to compare, so I thank you guys for your input!
    There is a gun show this weekend in my town, so I am hoping they will have a larger selection of handguns to look at.

Thanks again!

I carry my nano in. Concealment solutions black mamba micro holster. Hands down the best holster I've wore or owned. Rhe kydex is taller than most hybrid holsters so it allows for deeper concealment while retaining the ability to reholster. Plus it's compact and very unobtrusive. I easily forget I even have the nano on me in that holster.

I f you have access to a NANo get one. It is on my short list. If you dont like it then you will be able to easily sell it for a minimal loss if you dont like it. Just dont overpay too much
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Mine cost me $380 shipped + $20 for the transfer fee. When I've seen them locally their around $440 or so.

From where? Lately?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

I see you're in Utah, Cokeman, and I'm in SD. But today my local Scheel's All-Sport store had one in the case for $447. IIRC Bud's has them in stock for $427 with free shipping (that's where I got mine, but back when I put mine on layaway it was only $383).

I went to two shops today. One had a Nano and a Shield in earlier in the day. The Nano was $429 and the Shield was $449 or $459. I can't remember now.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

If you can't conceal the Nano you will have trouble conceling most everything. The 6 round magazine shrinks the footprint quite a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links