Ruger LC9- What happened to pocket carry Of this pistol

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9- What happened to pocket carry Of this pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hear about pocket carry LCP and LCR and other manufacturers for pocket carry. I never hear about the LC9. What's the problem? I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LC9- What happened to pocket carry Of this pistol

I hear about pocket carry LCP and LCR and other manufacturers for pocket carry. I never hear about the LC9. What's the problem? I have one and pocket carry it with no problem. Is there something I should know about that I'm not getting? I know about the trigger, but I just look at it like a double action revolver. Takes a little practice, but I think it's not a bad pocket pistol.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Never had a problem, but I don't often carry the LC9 in my pocket. . My EDC is a XD40 with a LCP as the pocket BUG, just my preference.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I pocket carry a PF9 which is the same size all the time with no problems. I use a kydex pocket holster or a uncle mikes #3 pocket holster.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Because the LC9 isn't a pocket pistol.

/thread

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    With certain pants and shirt combinations I have carried my Glock 27 in my pocket. My wife picked up a LC9 a few weeks back and after looking at it, I'm sure it could be carried easier than my 27.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I've never carried my LC9 in a pocket, unless in a parka or other similar heavy jacket.
    Strictly IWB 90% of the time.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

Mine rides in my pocket just about every day, I have no problem with it in my jeans or 5-11 type pocketed pants, suit trousers I have to carry IWB

I very seldom pocket carry mine. I'm not big into pocket carry, except for a quick run to Publix! The LC9 is too heavy for me to carry comfortably....
    Tony

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    For *me* it is a little too big and heavy for pocket carry. God Bless

I also pocket carry a Kel-Tec PF9. During the summer, I pocket carry it a lot in cargo shorts. I pocket carry it less often during the winter. I use a rear pocket holster from Front Pocket, Back (Wallet) Pocket, IWB, OWB Leather Handcrafted, Hand-stitched Holsters|Bear Creek Metal Works, Texas. It won't fit in the pockets of any of my jeans, but fits nicely in most of my slacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
    I hear about pocket carry LCP and LCR and other manufacturers for pocket carry. I never hear about the LC9. What's the problem? I have one and pocket carry it with no problem. Is there something I should know about that I'm not getting? I know about the trigger, but I just look at it like a double action revolver. Takes a little practice, but I think it's not a bad pocket pistol.
    My LC9 barely fits in my pockets and is too tight to draw from. I gave up on trying to carry it in a pocket. I don't like wearing baggy pants just so I can pocket carry. I wont pocket carry anything larger than the LCP.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Depending on the pants I'm wearing pocket carrying my LC9 ranges from slightly uncomfortable to forget it's there. When I look for pants to buy, the first thing I do is stick my hand in the pocket. If I can't get my hand in the pocket at least 2 to 3 inches past my wrist I pass on the pants.

Quote Originally Posted by OJDerrick View Post
    Because the LC9 isn't a pocket pistol.
    Unless you insist on wearing "skinny jeans" the LC9 certainly is a pocket gun. It's in the same class as the Kahr CM9; slightly larger than a compact 380 but still pocketable.
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

VIP Member
    I am not a big guy and I don't have any problems with an LC9 fitting in my pocket. I do have a leather pocket holster. My preference would be to carry it IWB. My main rule is not to carry without a quality holster that covers the trigger and keeps the gun orientated for proper draw.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by Mdauben View Post
    Unless you insist on wearing "skinny jeans" the LC9 certainly is a pocket gun. It's in the same class as the Kahr CM9; slightly larger than a compact 380 but still pocketable.
    I stand corrected. Here is The pocket pistol chart.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B22w.../edit?hl=en_US

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links