357 sig caliber pistols with single stack magazine

This is a discussion on 357 sig caliber pistols with single stack magazine within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, I was hoping for some insight on any companies OTHER than sig-sauer who offer pistols chambered for the 357sig round with a SINGLE ...

Thread: 357 sig caliber pistols with single stack magazine

357 sig caliber pistols with single stack magazine

Hi all,
    I was hoping for some insight on any companies OTHER than sig-sauer who
    offer pistols chambered for the 357sig round with a SINGLE STACK magazine. I have a P229 in the 357sig round and love it, I just like the idea of easier concealment with the single stack magazine, I see that sig also offers a 1911 in the 357 round but its full size.( and I'm guessing it will be next to impossible to get it) I was looking more for something in a compact size for ccw like my P229 but it does NOT have be a 1911 style weapon ( I have a few 1911's now and I'm fond of them) or is the P239 my only real option at this point, like I said any insight would be great
    G

2. Remove Ads

While it's not the most exhaustive search, so far I've only seen the Sig, and I -think- the Glock 31 SF is a single stack 357. I'm not 100% sure, it looks single stack, but it's hard to tell with how bulky a Glock looks ;)

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    GLOCK only offers double stack guns in .357 Sig, but you would be getting a lighter firearm with a G31,32,33; even lighter than the P239. I can't think of a single gun in .357 Sig that fits your criteria. A Springfield EMP with an aftermarket Bbl. would be nice, but I don't know if one exists.

SIG 239 is the only single stack .357SIG available to my knowledge. My Glock 32 is lighter and carries more rounds.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Not what you are asking but there are weapons available with similar performance in single stack. Don't know what you are looking for but this round is not considered most of the time and very reliable weapons are easily available that shoot it.

7.62x25 vs .357 sig - THR

Now thats a pistol if I ever saw one ...need a shoulder rig to keep it hidden
    PPS-43C Pistol - Hand Guns

my guess is your best bet is to find a single stack .40S&W pistol and see if you can obtain a .357SIG barrel for it.

Walther, Bersa, Beretta, 1911-type, older, alloy-frame S&W, or S&W Sheld .40, or wait and see if the new Springfield Armory XDs/9mm will also be offered in .40. BarSto would be the barrel company i would look at first for after-market .40 barrels.

Links