New Purchase: Springfield XDM 9mm

This is a discussion on New Purchase: Springfield XDM 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today, I picked up a new Springfield XDM 9mm from the Langley AFB Exchange...came with two 19 round magazines, plus picked up a spare, spare ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 1 Post By TheOhioan

Thread: New Purchase: Springfield XDM 9mm

Today, I picked up a new Springfield XDM 9mm from the Langley AFB Exchange...came with two 19 round magazines, plus picked up a spare, spare magazine off-the-rack.

Was surprised to see a decent selection of magazines for sale, as you can't find them anywhere.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

Congrats on the xdm. They are great guns my son has my old xdsc 9mm. I now have an M&p 9mm compact. Love both guns. Looking for a full range report on it soon. Enjoy your new weapon.

Yeah, good for you :) I bought a used one a couple months ago, with five 19rd mags. I couldn't help myself!

Got rid of my G26 ( Yeah, I did!) for my XD9SC and haven't looked back. Glocks are great guns, but this gun is a real winner!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    That's funny. I just traded my Glock 27 for a XD sub compact in 40 S&W today. Pistol has 50 rounds through it and came with one 13 round magazine with the grip extension and 4 standard 9 round magazines.
    Jemsaal likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Congrats! I have the Xdm9 with the 2 19rd mags as well. That is probably the most accurate gun I've owned.
    NRA Member
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun."

Another XDm9 here, couldn't be happier. It isn't always the most exciting pistol for me to shoot, but I have around 1000 rounds through mine and it is utterly, boringly reliable.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    That's funny. I just traded my Glock 27 for a XD sub compact in 40 S&W today. Pistol has 50 rounds through it and came with one 13 round magazine with the grip extension and 4 standard 9 round magazines.
    Great choice. If you haven't shot the XDSC yet, you'll find it's less snappy than the G27. I tested them both out and was fairly impressed with the XDSC, so I bought it a while ago.

Jump onto the Springfield website and grab a couple more 12 round mags. I also bought some 4 round extentions from AGP arms, so I turned it into a 16+1. (I tried to put it on my nine round mag, but the rounds jammed the spring when the plate moved blow the original magazine).

Enjoy the gun, it's a great one to have!

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Got rid of my G26 ( Yeah, I did!) for my XD9SC and haven't looked back. Glocks are great guns, but this gun is a real winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Congrats on the xdm. They are great guns my son has my old xdsc 9mm. I now have an M&p 9mm compact. Love both guns. Looking for a full range report on it soon. Enjoy your new weapon.
    Wife wants the XD9SC. She has my old XD9 now. How would you all rate the SC in the nine as far as recoil, etc?

Recoil, for me, was way less than the G26: very easy to handle.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Congrats on the new gun.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    Great choice. If you haven't shot the XDSC yet, you'll find it's less snappy than the G27. I tested them both out and was fairly impressed with the XDSC, so I bought it a while ago.

Jump onto the Springfield website and grab a couple more 12 round mags. I also bought some 4 round extentions from AGP arms, so I turned it into a 16+1. (I tried to put it on my nine round mag, but the rounds jammed the spring when the plate moved blow the original magazine).

Enjoy the gun, it's a great one to have!
    I am pretty impressed with the XD. I'm a big Glock fan but the XD feels and naturally points better in my hands. It also has a slightly better trigger(maybe less overtravel?), even though the reset is not quite on par with the 27, IMO. My only complaint is I like night sights and it looks like replacing the sights may be more complicated than Glock, from what I have read. Plan to take it out Saturday and put a few rounds through it.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Sponsored Links