Beretta 3032 Tomcat

This is a discussion on Beretta 3032 Tomcat within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife saw a Taurus PT22 flip up barrel pistol at the LGS last week and fell in love with it. She said that it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Beretta 3032 Tomcat

Sponsor

Beretta 3032 Tomcat

My wife saw a Taurus PT22 flip up barrel pistol at the LGS last week and fell in love with it. She said that it was the perfect size and shape for her and the flip barrel tickled her to no end. I told her that while a .22 is better than nothing, I'd prefer she carried her 9mm. She argued that even though her PT709 was slimmer than the the little .22, she'd be more apt to carry the the belly gun because it was more comfortable in her hand.

Well, I was at another local shop and low and behold my eye was caught by a Beretta 3032 Tomcat(the original flip up barrel[?] in .32 ACP).

(not the actual pistol, internet cut&paste)

So I picked it up as a BD present for her. She was ecstatic when I gave it to her and we immediately went to the range where she proceeded to out shoot me with the little pea shooter!

I started looking for a second mag for it and have found that every supplier in the world lists them and none are in stock anywhere. Is this going to be another hen's tooth?(try finding a Daisy .22lr rotary magazine!) Any one have an extra mag you're not too attached to?
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

2. Remove Ads

Heard that thing is a fine shooter. A guy I know is supposed to let me shoot his and said he might sell it. I've spent all the money I really want to spend on guns for the moment but a good center-fire pocket pistol is something I need for situations like church that I wear a tucked in shirt.

Congrats and good luck,
    Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

It hardly matters what magazine you're looking for right now, all the makers seem to be out of stock and struggling to meet demand. Retailers like Midway and Brownells won't even take orders.

Cute gun, though, and for a mouse gun it's better than a .22 or .25.
    Eagleks likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I had one for a while,it was a good shooting little pistol but I thought it was a little too big and heavy for a pocket gun and too small of a caliber,and then when it bit me that was the end of it.The slide is very slanted and sharp, so make sure you keep your hand clear of the slide. I now own two Kel-Tec P3AT's which I like very much.
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

thats a great gun. my sis recently bought one to. we found extra mags off the beretta website

That's a great gun. If the gun was bought new it should have come with two magazines.

Sold two of them and miss them both; especially the one with the XS Big Dot front sight. Got some extra mags on-line by looking all over the place--- you might want to do the same. I also got some extras for my 709 Slim from a place in Texas --- canceled order from Taurus when I found out it would take at least 6-8 weeks: the Texas place sent mine in under two weeks! lol.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I used to have one. I loved it until I ran into a huge design flaw. The gun has no ejector. If you get a misfire, you cannot simply rack the slide to remove it. You have to open the barrel, remove the bad round, close the barrel, then rack the slide to chamber the next round. Just something to think about and practice running drills to be as fast as possible if ever needed.
    Superhouse 15 likes this.

Have one yet and it is a blast to shoot!

I haven't seen one of those in years.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    It hardly matters what magazine you're looking for right now, all the makers seem to be out of stock and struggling to meet demand. Retailers like Midway and Brownells won't even take orders.

Cute gun, though, and for a mouse gun it's better than a .22 or .25.
    Try NUMRICH ARMS in NY of all places. I bought 3 7R mags for my lil Beretta 21A with the Pop up barrel back in 05-06. I carry it in an old Uncle Mike's nylon holster w/2 spare mags pouch built into the holster. Sure it ain't Hi Speed Low Drag but it do git er DONE!!!
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I have one with the big XS dot sight and a lasergrip. I also have a 21 in .22lr set up with an acrylic front sight to mimic the XS dot. The CT lasergrips are jntrchangeable between both. You get the benefit of cheap practice with the .22 that way. I used it when I broke my hand, and my wife used it when she broke her elbow. Easy to load, easy to aim, and easy to shoot with one hand and a partially functioning support hand. I have a bu ch of mags (not for sale, sorry) and it carries well in an inconspicuous little pouch mounted on the belt. I have one thats a Bagmaster and one thats maybe Blackhawk! One thing I did do was add Flyer wires to the magazines, more to prevent problems than to fix an issue. I have either Cor Bon or PMC JHP in it. The PMC was an excellent performing load for inexpensive. I prefer a load that expands some, and I'll settle for a little less penetration than some who advocate FMJ in the .32. That being said, the XTP and Hydra Shok never expanded, and the Gold Dot only upset a small amount. The Silvertip nearly always expanded halfway, then tumbled sideways and flattened out a bit. Probably that is a very good wound, but I prefer the Cor Bon and PMC for consistancy. And AdamSean nailed it. You have to be dialed in on runing any of the tip-up guns. If you do the tap-rack that you have muscle memory for you will maoe any malfunction worse.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

There were some that came with 2 mags, and some with only 1 . As said, most Mfgrs are out of mags ...... if you can explain that one to me , please do.... since this is a 7 rd magazine.
    Anyway, I don't think the .32 cal is a stopper, don't think it will be extremely effective in terms of self-defense, think the gun is a bit heavy for it's size, and costly due to it's type..... besides all of that however, it's fun to shoot and made well.
    It's much better than a .22 or .25 , and there won't really be any difference in recoil. She should enjoy shooting it ........ maybe later work her up to at least a .380 or into a 9mm as well, and keep that one as a back up gun.

If I see any mags pop up, I'll PM you. I'm looking for another model Beretta mag, and haven't been able to find it either.

If you find one, pls let us know.... maybe we're find what we're looking for as well.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I owned one when they first came out, nice little gun and fun to shoot too. I know they had some issues with slide breakage way back when they came out, probably not a concern now. I thought Beretta offered the tip up barrel design on the .380 84-85 series Cheetah as well, but it doesn't show that on their website. Either I was mistaken or they have eliminated that feature. The 84/85 are also very nice designs, if you could find an older one with the tip up Bbl. it would be a nice step up for the wife both in caliber and size/shoot-ablility.

Sponsor
    Eagleks,
    She shoots a pt709 and my 1911s quite well. She just loves the odd ball guns. Her favorite shotty is a Savage 720(A5 clone) and her favorite rifle is my Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.1

I got an email that Midway has the ProMag 7rnd mags in stock now and I actually found a 10rnd mag at another LGS.

Thanks for the info all. I had never thought about modifying the malf. drill due to the lack of an extractor! Good Looking Out!
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links