Defensive Carry banner

My Carry piece

4K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  falcon1 
#1 ·
I figure my first post ought to be my carry piece. Never could pass up an opportunity to show off my guns.

#2 ·
Howdy, great piece

#4 ·
Congrats...
Your starting out right without making all of the mistakes of choosing a weapon and caliber IMO.

#12 ·
Thanks for all the compliments so far. I'll try and respond to some of your comments.

I wish this is where I started. I've been carrying for about 10 or 11 years now and I've spent alot of money on stuff before I was able to aquire this piece. Oh to have some of that money back.:rolleyes:

#5 ·
Good choice.

IMHO unless you need the rubber grips for control , I would
suggest something less "sticky" for carry.

P.S. your safety is off.. :wink:

#13 ·
These grips are what came with it and they work. I may try others down the road should opportunity and $$ allow. A for the safety, well that was part of the unloading process before the photography session.

#14 ·
I could try CCW my other "Colts" (they're Uberti's)

#15 ·
I think you had it right the first time.

#16 ·
It's good that we stick together.:biggrin2:

#17 ·
I almost didn't. My friend went into a shop that was closing up for good and bought this cheap. I wanted it from day one, but he wasn't selling. Well times change and he was moving to Maine and he's alway lusted after my 1874 Sharps (Taylor's replica). He gave me the pistol and $400. He says he's gonna use the Sharps on a Moose.:biggrin2: I'm just glad a MA compliant pistol stayed in this state.

I've seen a defender, but never fired one.

#18 ·
Welcome aboard from another 1911 "freak". Maybe these other folks will finally see the light one day!

#23 ·
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

...and...nice pistola!:yup:

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret:urla9ub:

#25 ·
You should have aquired a Glock. Just kidding, that is a nice weapon. Welcome from NY.

#31 ·
Nice pistol! Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.