Strange guns in the stores now...

This is a discussion on Strange guns in the stores now... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at my local gun store today to shoot a few rounds in their range. Then I looked in the display cabinet for handguns ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Strange guns in the stores now...

Strange guns in the stores now...

I was at my local gun store today to shoot a few rounds in their range. Then I looked in the display cabinet for handguns for sale. Normally this store has 3 large display cabinets full of Glocks, Sigs, Rugers, Kimbers, S&Ws, H&Ks, CZs and various other standard handgun types. I would estimate that they generally have 75 new guns for sale.

Today they had about 15 new guns for sale, and some of the strangest selections you can imagine. They had 5 Kimber 1911s with the 3 inch barrel, and none in the more common 4 and 5 inch barrel lengths. They also had about 5 Ruger new Vaquero western-style revolvers, an all stainless Sig P226 (expensive), a couple of High Point semiautos, and one lonesome CZ 9mm. There was also a $2,500 Nighthawk 1911 that has been there for quite a while. It looked like the manufacturers are scraping the bottom of the barrel in their warehouses to ship guns to dealers, and that my LGS is desperate for anything to put into their display cabinets.

I asked the sales clerk why they had 5 Kimber 3 inch guns and no other Kimbers in longer barrel lengths. He said in an exasperated voice "That's all they could send us".

So I am continually amazed these days at the "sold out" status of gun dealers and manufacturers. It is like there is a black hole in space sucking up all the available new guns (and ammo).
    Eagleks and nerdyvirgin like this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    All we can do is thank the Idiot in charge for this.

I hear ya. In my area there is a lot of bare space in the gun and ammo cabinets.

same here. managed to buy another glock used though wanted a new one but couldnt find it.. glock 21 gen 3 paid 300 for it

I will say, though, in my area, it has made folks aware of one more really good maker that up to this point hasn't seen much press. The FNH line of pistols. Primarily the FNX and FNS series. Though not a pistol I have a lot of time with, I have come to really like them. In fact, if I were not Glock-centric, I would certainly give these pistols the benefit of a second look. We've had enough customer interest in them lately to have the owner decide he'll continue to stock them as a regular item.

dan

Quote Originally Posted by OhioCatter View Post
    All we can do is thank the Idiot in charge for this.
    You don't mean Barry Soetoro from down KENYA way do ya??
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member
    Ya it was super bare in the display cases at my local range/store last week. Was talking with one of the guys, he said "I've sold six guns in the last three days, four of em I wouldn't of bought myself. And I'm not really that picky." He said people come in, see what they have and end up saying "guess I'll just have to take that one"

I think you can still find good guns out there and not overpay for em, just might have to do alot of looking around first.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by gallardo.g23 View Post
    same here. managed to buy another glock used though wanted a new one but couldnt find it.. glock 21 gen 3 paid 300 for it
    $300 for a used Glock?? I never heard of a used Glock for that kind of money.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Last time I was at my LGS a couple weeks ago they were bare, but had a decent selection givin the current circumstances. A few Berettas, couple sigs, 2 glock's(both baby glock's) with some factory mags, and some Taurus's. They also had a few Springfield's including a XDs. I am now the new owner of said XDS lol

We live out side two smaller towns by many peoples standard. The only real Gun shop here is Fleet farm, they do a good job. Selection is up and down but if you wanted a good hand gun you could fill your needs.
    AR,AK are a hit and a miss prices are ok when they have them. I did buy a new Gas piston complete upper today

On the upside I walked in to a gun store a few towns over and saw a ruger SR1911...snatched it quick.

Cabelas had a ton of used Glock 21s today (about 4 or 5), but the rest were random wheel guns, and some of the higher priced SAs (HK, Sig). Pretty slim pickings except for those looking for something specific.

I was truly shocked to see a new DMPS flattop in the case at Scheel's today! They also had three new Glocks although two were .45 ACP and one was 10mm. The surprise was that the Springfield case was empty save one of the compact XD .45 ACPs. I've never met anyone that owned a Springer that wasn't a 1911 but the XD's must be pretty popular. They had four new HKs in the case and one used HK USP. They wanted $30 more for the used USP than Bud's is asking for a new one but at least they had them.

Wow. Not to brag, but just to let you know this isn't the case everywhere: this is just not the case at my shop. They have the most stock I've seen yet. In fact, I was looking around the other day and was hard-pressed to find anything popular they didn't have! They even have shields in stock in both sizes every time I go in these days! Used selection seems to be starting to look good too. I'm guessing some of the impulse/panic buys are finally coming back in... Good luck! Anyone else seeing the same thing I am?

Quote Originally Posted by vanagonnuts View Post
    On the upside I walked in to a gun store a few towns over and saw a ruger SR1911...snatched it quick.

Watcha gonna do with that blown up glove?? Feed 5 puppies at once?? Washington State is WELL Represented here. HUA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links