CZ 83 browning 9 cal "380" Decent pistol???

This is a discussion on CZ 83 browning 9 cal "380" Decent pistol??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ripley16 For clarity sake... that is not correct. The CZ83 was also chambered in 9mm mak, and was in production up until ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CZ 83 browning 9 cal "380" Decent pistol???

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    For clarity sake... that is not correct. The CZ83 was also chambered in 9mm mak, and was in production up until a few years ago. Google it.

CZ still sells the barrel.
    BARREL CZ83 9MM MAKAROV
    Thanks, I stand corrected. I wasn't aware it was offered in 9 Mak for a while. It's a shame CZ decided to drop the 83 from their line.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I'd try to find a 2075 RAMI for her to try. Still on my list of guns to purchase. Would already have it if I hadn't gotten sucked into HKs.......
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Perfect choice, good price. The CZ 83 is my favorite carry gun. With a hi-cap mag you are in business. There was a time when that model was considered the Cadillac of 380s. I bought my first one back in the 80s when a few 75s and 83s slipped past the embargo. I polished off all sharp edges and had the gun hard chromed.

I like the gun because it has the heft of a 9mm, but recovery is faster in tap fire. I also am a fan of the CZ 75.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links