M&P 45C- What a sweet shooting weapon

This is a discussion on M&P 45C- What a sweet shooting weapon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently had an opportunity to shoot my M&P 45C (FDE) and was VERY impressed. I typically carry a Glock, however I've been interested in the ...

Sponsor

Recently had an opportunity to shoot my M&P 45C (FDE) and was VERY impressed. I typically carry a Glock, however I've been interested in the M&P for a few years now.

My favorite handgun is the G19, I feel like its a perfect size for carry, yet still provides a full grip to make it a fun range gun and an effective HD gun. The M&P 45c fills a similar role to me. With the extended base plate on the mag I can get a full, comfortable grip, and the sight radius is still long enough for easy accuracy out to 50 ft (the longest distance I could fire at in the indoor range).

I had an opportunity to shoot the M&P next to a Glock 36 (I would have liked to shoot a Glock 30, but it was still nice to see a glock in 45ACP). Being a glock guy, I really wanted to like the glock more but I found the recoil more stout in the Glock (likely a factor of the heavier M&P), the grip not quite as comfortable for me, and I fired more accurately with the M&P.

The one area that the glock beat the M&P hands down was the trigger. The lack of a crisp definite reset threw me off a few times. I have heard that the trigger gets better with use, but I may want to upgrade it sooner. Have any of you had any experience with the Apex triggers?

Just thought I'd share some quick thoughts on the gun.

Thanks!
    Clay

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Good to hear an honest review. I really like my M&P Shield...so much so that it has replaced my G27 as my ccw.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I have an M&P 45c as my primary carry gun. I agree, it is an amazing firearm. Comfortable, accurate, reliable and mild recoil. It's the perfect size for me; I don't need the extended mag floorplate.

The trigger does get MUCH better after a couple hundred pulls. Just work it while you're watching TV one evening and you'll be all set.

I just put one on layaway. I may pick it up tomorrow so I can take it to the range Monday. I have the mp9 full size and absolutely love it.

Links