OK M&P gurus....

OK M&P gurus....

This is a discussion on OK M&P gurus.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my new 9 compact out to break it in. Typical M&P, ran perfect, plenty accurate. Even scored a (slightly) used TT holster off the ...

Thread: OK M&P gurus....

OK M&P gurus....

Took my new 9 compact out to break it in. Typical M&P, ran perfect, plenty accurate. Even scored a (slightly) used TT holster off the internet, and managed to find two spare mags for a reasonable price. All set, except for sights.

I have a guy around here who is a machinist, and is getting into some gunsmith work. Has a 500 dollar sight pusher that he grouches about, says he doesn't get to use it near enough. He has put a couple sets of Trijicon HDs on some Glocks for me, and they look factory, as they should. But he says that Glocks are the easiest sights to replace of any gun. Says he is wanting to do an M&P.

When a guy pulls the set screw on an M&P rear sight, a spring and plunger come out behind it, so I have read. Other than that, is it a pretty straightforward sight swap? Any other issues I need to warn him about before he tears into it? Trijicon HDs will be the new sights.

cj
    Loosen the screw, but the sight itself holds the spring/plate combo in place. I've got a little plastic piece that helps keep it from flying during removal, and holds in place during installation, but a decent smith should be able to handle it.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    That's the striker block and spring. As long as you don't lose it, it is easy to get back in.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Sponsored Links