Trijicon RMR on EDC guns?

This is a discussion on Trijicon RMR on EDC guns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking of going this route on my M&P 9c. Does anyone have any experience with RMR's on their guns?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMR on EDC guns?

Thinking of going this route on my M&P 9c. Does anyone have any experience with RMR's on their guns?
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I have a Delta Point on my Glock 17 edc. It offers up a bit larger aperture than the Trijicon, and untinted glass. Battery lasts about five months.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I put a deltapoint on one of my two M&P compacts. Unfortunatly it shipped without the screws to mount it to the milled slide. Im waiting on those so I can't give any feedback. The deltapoint itself looks very nice and solidly built. I think it will help dramatically with speed and accuracy.

Just my opinion but I think it's a great tool for a duplicate EDC. I would still want to have another gun with iron sights. I liked my M&P so much I wanted another and the deltapoint was perfect for it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetSmith View Post
    I put a deltapoint on one of my two M&P compacts. Unfortunatly it shipped without the screws to mount it to the milled slide. Im waiting on those so I can't give any feedback. The deltapoint itself looks very nice and solidly built. I think it will help dramatically with speed and accuracy.

Just my opinion but I think it's a great tool for a duplicate EDC. I would still want to have another gun with iron sights. I liked my M&P so much I wanted another and the deltapoint was perfect for it.
    I have run my BUIS on my Glock with an unpowered Delta Point, and they work fine. Who shipped you a milled slide with no screws?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I have run my BUIS on my Glock with an unpowered Delta Point, and they work fine. Who shipped you a milled slide with no screws?
    Bowie tactical. Great work, job was done on time. I did get the cover plate and screws shipped for that but no screws for the deltapoint. I emailed David last Saturday about it. I should have had them by now. I guess I need to contact him again. This is kinda like getting a new car with no keys. I want to sight it in. Oh well I'm breaking in my new Kimber so that's keeping me busy this weekend.

I carry a RMR02 equipped FNP45 Tactical on duty. I also have a FNS9 that is set up with a RMR02 as well. I've become quite partial to the "target focused" style of shooting, I think it's a real advantage when it comes to self defense and LE work.
    I have a 1911 out being customized now, I've been thinking about sending to Bowie after the other work is done to have him fit a DeltaPoint to it. I need to find someone that has one so I can check it out, I've only used the Trijicons.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

I have a TSD G-17 Slide with RMR 02 on my Glock and love it. It really helps with aging eyes.IMG_0054.jpg I used my trainers as they show up better than the OD knife handles

Battery lasts about five months.
    WOW! I'd have the sight looked at if it were mine.

The batteries in both my RMR and JPoint have lasted over a year in each.

I only changed them out in Jan to be on the safe side.

Here is my Gen 2 19 cut to 26 length (RMR) and a 26 milled for a JPOINT. Both by TSD:

TSD Brothers 2.JPG

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    WOW! I'd have the sight looked at if it were mine.

The batteries in both my RMR and JPoint have lasted over a year in each.

I only changed them out in Jan to be on the safe side.

Here is my Gen 2 19 cut to 26 length (RMR) and a 26 milled for a JPOINT. Both by TSD:

TSD Brothers 2.JPG
    Delta Points go through batteries quicker than Trijicons.
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetSmith View Post
    Bowie tactical. Great work, job was done on time. I did get the cover plate and screws shipped for that but no screws for the deltapoint. I emailed David last Saturday about it. I should have had them by now. I guess I need to contact him again. This is kinda like getting a new car with no keys. I want to sight it in. Oh well I'm breaking in my new Kimber so that's keeping me busy this weekend.
    I would give him a call.
    William T. Sherman

Delta Points go through batteries quicker than Trijicons.
    Why is that?

Since they have a motion sensor, they should shut down when at rest and conserve battery life. Leupold lists them as having 'extended battery life' - guess that's subjective?

(RMR/JPoints stay on constantly)

12 guage, I have RMR02's on my M&P45c and my M&P9c. I carried the 9c for the last 10 months in a Dale Fricke OWB holster with my shirt tail out and loved it. My wife got me an XDS for X'Mas and lately have been carrying it. But swap out between the XDS and the 9c. No problem with the RMR on a carry gun. I got the Dale Fricke because it covers the RMR.
    Ted

S&W9c w/RMR Red Dot, Wilson CQB, LB Premier II
    STI HP Edge 40, STI Trojan 9mm

NRA Life Member

I have to wonder abput a gunsmith who would leave out the mounting screws on a project such as an RDS milling job.

Both my slides arrived mounted and the red dot lined up with the BUIS.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Why is that?

Since they have a motion sensor, they should shut down when at rest and conserve battery life. Leupold lists them as having 'extended battery life' - guess that's subjective?

(RMR/JPoints stay on constantly)
    Side-by-side, I prefer the DeltaPoint, so that is the way I went. I was aware of significantly shorter battery life going in.
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links