pf9

pf9

This is a discussion on pf9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have a few ? on a pf9 i been looking for one for pocket carry i dont like 380 and i did not like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: pf9

pf9

i have a few ? on a pf9 i been looking for one for pocket carry i dont like 380 and i did not like the lc9 is it a good choice or should i buy a snub nose revolver? i have another thread on that though i always liked the pf9 small 9mm good pocket gun? i am a fan of pocket carry what is every ones opinions on them should i just get a blued one or cerakote i like the tan but can not find it anywhere some one help me deiced

IMO, the PF9 is a bargain. Good bang for the buck. Shoots well and I haven't had any misfires so far. Fits easily in front pocket.
    Others to consider for pocket carry are: Kimber Solo ( my favorite), Kahr CM9/PM9.
    sensei2 likes this.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Snubbie revolver

I no longer trust any 9mm semi auto smaller than a Glock 26

Stepping off the "Pocket 9mm" Merry-Go-Round...Hello revolver!
    sebring and BigJon10125 like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I've got a PF9 and have had some issues with it, but those got worked out. I've enjoyed working on the gun and becoming familiar with it. There is good support out there if it does have issues. But I consider it more of a backup gun than a primary gun.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

I have a PF9 and it has worked great. It gets carried either in a kydex pocket holster or an IWB rig like a hybrid crossbreed. I also have a MIC trigger holster whereas if it's not being carried its on the gun. All according to how I'm dressing for the day I either carry a PF9 or a smith 642 most of the time.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

There are a ton of threads on the PF9, do a search. In short, it is very light and slim but is very unpleasant to shoot and Kel Tec quality is very questionable. You might be like me and get one that works well, or you may get one that is a total piece of junk.

There's no way I'd buy one a PF9. I bought a Beretta Nano and I love it.
    troutkiller likes this.

I had a PF9 but eventually decided I preferred a snubbie revolver for that role. I experience no functional problems with the PF9.

I have a 'hard chrome' version. Really like it for what it is.
    I've had zero issues (600+ rounds). Trigger isn't great...but it has improved.
    Not a range gun...but very light/easy to conceal.
    I recommend the hard-chrome...more likely to be without issues.
    From what I hear, Kel Tec has good customer service.
    It's not a Kahr or a shield...but it has its place.
    sensei2 and zonker1986 like this.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    I have a 'hard chrome' version. Really like it for what it is.
    I've had zero issues (600+ rounds). Trigger isn't great...but it has improved.
    Not a range gun...but very light/easy to conceal.
    I recommend the hard-chrome...more likely to be without issues.
    From what I hear, Kel Tec has good customer service.
    It's not a Kahr or a shield...but it has its place.
    I agree. I have the cheap blued version, and the only difference is that I have to keep mine wiped down with a silicon rag, or else it's gonna rust. It does the job, though.
    sensei2 likes this.

PF9's are fine, and work fine as well. To me, easy to shoot. Some folks complain about recoil, but it's nothing different than you would feel out of any 9mm gun that size. I put the little rubber piece around the grip, so the grip wouldn't cut into my hand, and that has worked great. I can sit down and put a couple of hundred rounds thru one with no issues. I'ld stick with the 9mm, and not the .380's, .38's, etc. .... you'll be much better off.
    sensei2 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

My PF9 was a lemon and the biggest POS I have ever fired. I'd trust my life to a Hi Point before I'd trust it to a Kel Tec.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

i think that the PF-9 is a great, affordable, reliable gun. the Ruger LC-9 is mostly a tarted up PF-9.

from what i've read on this site, most folks are very happy with the gun. some have had problems requiring a trip or two back to the factory, but KelTec's customer service seems to be quite good.

i chose a Kahr CM-9, mostly because it felt more solid to me than the PF-9, but the KelTec was my second choice.

i usually carry the CM over my S&W 642 J-frame revolver mostly because i shoot the pistol MUCH better than i do the revolver.

IMO, as Jeff Cooper once said about the Colt Lightweight Commander, "A gun to be carried much, and shot little."

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    My general opinion is if you don't like the LC9, you won't like the PF-9. The trigger pulls are similar with the PF-9 not being quite as long. Being lighter than the LC9, the PF-9 recoil is snappy. I haven't owned either so I can only give my opinion based on the time I spend shooting when I rented them. If you are looking for a ultra compact 9mm and don't want to spend a lot I would recommend a Kahr CM9. I haven't owned one of these either but I preferred the trigger pull to either the LC9 or PF-9.

I purchased a used PF9 about a year agao and carry it often. Hasn"t had a single hiccup. A bit big for pocket carry for me. I use a belt clip. Carries and conceals nicely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links