CC - XD40SC or SR40C?

CC - XD40SC or SR40C?

This is a discussion on CC - XD40SC or SR40C? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thoughts?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC - XD40SC or SR40C?

CC - XD40SC or SR40C?

Thoughts?
    -Nick-

Mine: Springfield XD45 Compact
    Hers: Springfield XD40 Subcompact

Either is a great gun...I personally have an SR40C and I love it. It is super accurate, easy shooting, carries very very well, and is dead nuts dependable.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I have an XDmC .9mm and SR40c, and I would carry whichever you shoot better. The two guns are very close in size, so carry what you shoot better!

Ruger, American made, better grip texture, ambi controls.

Sounds good guys... I will stick with my Ruger then! :D Finally getting it broken in anyway! ;)
    -Nick-

Both are good pistols, use the one that you are most comfortable with.

I have both, the xd9sc and an sr9c. The Ruger is nice, a little lighter and thinner, but the XD is incredible! The Ruger isn't even in the same class. The XD has a much "beefier"? heavy duty feel to it, and points very naturally. The trigger on mine is the same every shot. I added a Ghost trigger bar to the sr9c because it varied so much from shot to shot. There is a reason you don't see LE or professionals carrying the Ruger, but lots of XD, S&W, Glock, Sig. They really are that much more of a firearm than the Ruger. Would I trust my life to the Ruger? In most circumstances, yes. Would I trust my life to the XD, without hesitation! The extra weight and width are a small price to pay for stone cold reliability. This is just my opinion, for what it's worth......

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    I have both, the xd9sc and an sr9c. The Ruger is nice, a little lighter and thinner, but the XD is incredible! The Ruger isn't even in the same class. The XD has a much "beefier"? heavy duty feel to it, and points very naturally. The trigger on mine is the same every shot. I added a Ghost trigger bar to the sr9c because it varied so much from shot to shot. There is a reason you don't see LE or professionals carrying the Ruger, but lots of XD, S&W, Glock, Sig. They really are that much more of a firearm than the Ruger. Would I trust my life to the Ruger? In most circumstances, yes. Would I trust my life to the XD, without hesitation! The extra weight and width are a small price to pay for stone cold reliability. This is just my opinion, for what it's worth......
    Correct me if you know otherwise, but other than Chicago PD I don't know of any LE agency that carries the XD. Also, Chicago doesn't issue it, they just authorize it. Since the XD isn't really made by Springfield, just imported from Croatia and rebranded, they don't really have the business model of selling to agencies like Glock and S&W are.

Distinguished Member
    American made is a good point. I have the SR9c and I really like it. Pretty much identical to the .40. It disappears in a CBST, totally comfortable for all-day carry. Echo----try both and get the one you like best and shoot best.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I have an SR40c and and XDm, would choose the XDm but the SR40c is a great gun, just a little less craftsmanship.

The LE's that i know of carry the xd by choice, you are correct. Have you ever heard of ANY dept. carrying a Ruger sr series? Has the Ruger completed any reliability trials like the xd? do a web search on xd and you can read about the 20k torture test that it passed with flying colors. That's all i needed to know!

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    The LE's that i know of carry the xd by choice, you are correct. Have you ever heard of ANY dept. carrying a Ruger sr series? Has the Ruger completed any reliability trials like the xd? do a web search on xd and you can read about the 20k torture test that it passed with flying colors. That's all i needed to know!
    Just Vegas Metro. Much like the XD the SR isn't marketed to LE users, the manual safeties are a major reason for that.

Both are good guns. But Im partial to the xdsc. I now have an M&P 9mm compact. Thats a great gun to. My son owns the xdsc now though.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Both good guns but I much prefer the XD40SC. Why? It has been my EDC for the past five years.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Well... I took the advice of this thread and went and shot the XD to see how it compared to my SR... I love it. I feel the grip is a little wider, but I think it fit my hand better.

I noticed a little slack in the trigger, where the SR had NONE... but it's something I will get used to; as I bought an XD this morning. ;)

$399 for the essentials package (no holsters or speed loader; just two mags, cleaning brush and the hard case)
    Attached Images
    -Nick-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links