Any guns like the Springfield XDS?

This is a discussion on Any guns like the Springfield XDS? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious if anybody has heard of any other manufactures that are coming out with a pocket pistol chambered in the .45 ACP like the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any guns like the Springfield XDS?

Just curious if anybody has heard of any other manufactures that are coming out with a pocket pistol chambered in the .45 ACP like the Springfield XDS. I know S&W has their shield in 9mm and .40 but I haven't heard of them producing a .45 nor have I heard of anyone else.

I'm considering the XDS but don't want to buy one just yet if there is a possibility there will be some competition coming to the market anytime soon.

Thanks for your input

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    None that I am aware of. They pretty much have that market covered for right now.I just wished I could find one. I bought my shield 9mm several months ago now and I just happened to luck up and find it. A lady wanted it but she let me have it because I had just turned 21 and was wanting it.

Glock 36 maybe?

As I have said many times before on this forum, I absolutely love my XDS. I think Karh may make a (similarly?) sized .45, Glock also has their Model 36 which is close to, but still larger (wider) than the XDS.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    There's always going to be something bigger, smaller, better... at some point you have to make a decision and roll with it.

I could sell mine for $200 more than I have into it, and I still have it.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    There might be... But how much better do you think it can be?

The slide is already less than an inch. Very slim overall. And the grip is short enough that you need an extension if you want to get your pinky on there.

How much smaller and lighter could you/do you need firing .45 ACP?

There might be something else on the horizion but i don't see it being leaps and bounds ahead of the XD-S.

The only other one i can think of is the Glock 30S. And i'd still take the XD-S over it, personally.

Kahr has the cw45. Friend of mine has one and loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    There might be... But how much better do you think it can be?

The slide is already less than an inch. Very slim overall. And the grip is short enough that you need an extension if you want to get your pinky on there.

How much smaller and lighter could you/do you need firing .45 ACP?

There might be something else on the horizion but i don't see it being leaps and bounds ahead of the XD-S.

The only other one i can think of is the Glock 30S. And i'd still take the XD-S over it, personally.
    I'm not really looking for anything better, but more of just the option of choices. There are several pocket 9's and .40's in the market all of which are a little different. I wouldn't say one is better than the other though, but manufactures still felt the need to put out their own versions. Just crazy Springfield has had this one cornered for this long with nobody else really even mentioning their own versions. For good reason no doubt, but still interesting.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bstock87 View Post
    I'm not really looking for anything better, but more of just the option of choices. There are several pocket 9's and .40's in the market all of which are a little different. I wouldn't say one is better than the other though, but manufactures still felt the need to put out their own versions. Just crazy Springfield has had this one cornered for this long with nobody else really even mentioning their own versions. For good reason no doubt, but still interesting.

Yup, there isn't as many choices when it comes to the slimline, single-stack .45's. Like i said the 30S is the Glock version. Someone mentioned the Kahr. There might be a few others floating around out there but it's pretty slim pickings.

EDIT: Sorry the 30S isn't single stack. So i guess it would be the 36... I think some people put the 36 slide on the 30SF, too.

Kahr has the PM45, and soon the CM45 which is the budget version. Both are very small .45's, but are really very different guns than the XDs.
    Trigger on the XDs is more Glock like.....Kahr triggers are long, revolver like pulls.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Kahr makes the CW45 and the PM45...the PM is the smaller model, but still larger than the XDS
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I just bought my XDS at a LGS in Rockwell, North Carolina for 511.00. They had two in stock.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Only one not mentioned thus far on this thread is the Taurus PT 745. If you've handled the XDS I don't know how you could say no!

I have read that Beretta Nano will be coming out with a .40 in 2013.

I've heard rumors about a Shield in .45, but I'm not convinced. I think it is more of a fantasy of the crowd that thinks that .45 is the only caliber that one can ever carry and all others are pathetic and weak (they tend to drive large pickups too...hmmm...)

Anyway, a Shield in .45 would require a larger frame which would involve a very expensive retooling to manufacture. The G36 is a single stack .45, but it is far too large to pocket carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links