Just bought my girlfriend a ruger lcp

This is a discussion on Just bought my girlfriend a ruger lcp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I must say its a pretty sweet little gun. I carry a m&p compact 40, but now i want a lc9 as a backup! brand ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Just bought my girlfriend a ruger lcp

I must say its a pretty sweet little gun. I carry a m&p compact 40, but now i want a lc9 as a backup!
    brand new

Mine's in my pocket when I'm home. Like right now. So easy to carry, no excuse to not have it on you.

Bought your girl friend a lcp. Nice But get yourself a shield to compliment your 40c. Same platform. I have the 9c and love it.

Well done!! Got one of these for the Mrs.......

Is she a shooter and did she help pick it out? These little .380s are no fun for beginners to learn and train with. 50 roinds at the range can be a challenge, a training class can get downright painful.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    So you bought yourself , a, I mean your girl friend a tcp. Hope you ,a, I mean she likes it. Better to let the ladys pick out there own firearms. Now buy a shield to go with your m&p as it will feel much more like what you have now. Do the apex kits if a smooth trigger is wanted too.

Mines on it's way back to me. It couldn't hit a broad side of a barn if I was at point blank range.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Is she a shooter and did she help pick it out? These little .380s are no fun for beginners to learn and train with. 50 roinds at the range can be a challenge, a training class can get downright painful.
    she actually did pick it out. They had a pink lcp at the LGS and she was like "i want this one, but not pink" so proud. She has shot before, and has shot bigger rounds then the 380 so we will see what she thinks about firing this.

Congrats on the purchase.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

Glad she didn't want the pink. Make sure she shoots it often and well. Small guns are easy to carry, hard to grip, hard to shoot well.

The LCP is a super carry gun because it's so easy to carry. Because it's not much different than a wallet, mine's in my pocket all the time. Neither I nor my wife find it particularly difficult to shoot; it's not a great target pistol, but it's just right for what it does.
    ironmike86 likes this.

I'm gonna have to do some reading/research on them. I was looking at a purple one today and would have been sorely tempted if I hadn't gone there specifically to buy a new 870 Remington! Purple is my favorite color and I couldn't believe how tiny the thing is! Even a small, hard to shoot gun is better than leaving the house without a gun. I've got enough experience with enough handguns that I doubt there's anything out there that I couldn't get minute of bad guy groups out of (providing the gun is capable).

I'm sure you, I mean your "girlfriend" will love it
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

My LCP is perfect for EDC as I'm in a suit all day long. Snappy little gun, accurate within 20 feet, but maybe I just suck that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JDFan4010 View Post
    My LCP is perfect for EDC as I'm in a suit all day long. Snappy little gun, accurate within 20 feet, but maybe I just suck that bad.
    Haha, the LCP is indeed accurate within 20 feet, but it's also accurate a bit farther out, too. Not A LOT further out, but, you know...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links