I'm About to Lose One of My Carry Guns...

This is a discussion on I'm About to Lose One of My Carry Guns... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well kind of...my girlfriend texted me earlier and asked if she can borrow one of my guns to have around. We have been talking for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I'm About to Lose One of My Carry Guns...

I'm About to Lose One of My Carry Guns...

Well kind of...my girlfriend texted me earlier and asked if she can borrow one of my guns to have around. We have been talking for awhile about getting her a CHL and obviously her own CC piece. Obviously, I think this is great, right now she carries OC and will in the future be carrying a gun but for now I'm glad to have finally made enough progress with her comfort level to make her want a HD gun. Anyway, she has shot both of my M&Ps (full size .40 and compact 9mm) with no issues, the compact fits her better since she has small hands. I'm going to let her borrow indefinitely the 9mm compact and get her a TLR-3 to put on it. Also, I have a couple of the X Grips for the 17 round mags so it will be a totally prepared HD gun. She will buy her own CCW gun sometime in the near future, but for right now given the current craziness we are going to just settle with this.

All in all, I have to suffer with just having a Glock 27gen4 for EDC. I think that is a fair trade for knowing that someone close to me is able to defend herself.

By the way, if anyone knows of a good deal on a TLR-3 please let me know, I want to order one up ASAP.

2. Remove Ads

I personnally wouldnt lend out one of my firearms, thats just me. But awesome that your helping with the tools to defend herself, but be wary, if she gets the bug, she could end up with more guns than you:)
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

If Universal Background Checks gets passed, you woudl have to pay to have a background check run on your GF before you could let her borrow one of your firearms. Stinks, huh?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Congrats on the GF's decision to think seriously about SD/HD.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

just have a plan to reclaim your M&P. Women have a strange way of thinking that what's is yours is hers, or that everything you give them is a gift.

....speaking from very painful experience.
    BMAT and MrsHB like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'm going to let her borrow indefinitely the 9mm compact and get her a TLR-3 to put on it. Also, I have a couple of the X Grips for the 17 round mags so it will be a totally prepared HD gun.
    Sounds like things are getting serious.

My second-favorite HD gun is a Gen 3 Glock 19 with a TLR-4. But nothing replaces a shotty...

Tangent: I was practicing hip-shooting the pistol grip shotty at the range recently and totally annihilated the cardboard target before switching to handgun practice. At one point I heard someone laughing behind me, then I saw the guy walk away, shaking his head. I thought he was laughing at my shooting, until I realized he probably thought I'd just shot that target 5,763 times with the handgun I was holding.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    If Universal Background Checks gets passed, you woudl have to pay to have a background check run on your GF before you could let her borrow one of your firearms. Stinks, huh?
    Not if they mandate a cavity search.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEvs42 View Post
    I personnally wouldnt lend out one of my firearms, thats just me. But awesome that your helping with the tools to defend herself, but be wary, if she gets the bug, she could end up with more guns than you:)
    I personally would not loan out any of my firearms either because of liability reasons. If someone uses a firearm in self-defense whether it is ruled that way or not I am willing to bet one million to one that the person loaning the firearm can be held liable along with the user and if you have any assets kiss them good-bye from legal fees or in civil litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa48 View Post
    I personally would not loan out any of my firearms either because of liability reasons. If someone uses a firearm in self-defense whether it is ruled that way or not I am willing to bet one million to one that the person loaning the firearm can be held liable along with the user and if you have any assets kiss them good-bye from legal fees or in civil litigation.
    Obviously you aren't familiar with Texas Castle Doctrine and prohibitions on civil liability.

Re: I'm About to Lose One of My Carry Guns...

Aww, that's not fair! I'll let my hubby borrow one of my guns OCCASIONALLY, any longer and I'll kiss that goodbye. Lol, works the other way round too. I prefer my guns to his rifles and shotguns. He has no preference... He didn't buy the guns, doesn't mean he won't keep'em!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

What you get for having a girlfriend LOL
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    ^^^^
    This, they are more expensive than any 3 or my other habits/hobbies combined.

Problem resolution: Move in together, get married, and put all the guns in one safe. Then none are missing, or far away. You can have the one you shoot best in your night stand, and what she shoots best in her night stand

Congrats to your gf! The title of this thread may prove to be true if she likes having your gun around. :)

It is officially gone as of lunch time today, I gave/lent her the 9c with 3 full size mags with the X grips on them loaded with Gold Dot 124gr +Ps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links