SW40VE any feedback?

This is a discussion on SW40VE any feedback? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is anyone familiar with the sw40ve, the sigma? My brother is looking at buying one from a friend and wants advice. He is looking at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SW40VE any feedback?

SW40VE any feedback?

Is anyone familiar with the sw40ve, the sigma? My brother is looking at buying one from a friend and wants advice. He is looking at paying $200 for the gun and a box of 50 hollow points (unsure of brand). Any feedback or advice?

2. Remove Ads

Buy Buy Buy... the triggers are not the best but they are a good gun, and the trigger can be easily made good with a spring kit. 200 bucks is a really good deal, and the SW 40ve is a hardy, well built HD / range gun. Slap night sights on it and you still are under the cost of a new gun.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

The triggers can be much improved if you find a gunsmith familiar with the design. Very serviceable guns and under appreciated, and the magazines are built like tanks.

Besides, isn't 50 rounds of .40 worth $200 right now?
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    The triggers can be much improved if you find a gunsmith familiar with the design. Very serviceable guns and under appreciated, and the magazines are built like tanks.

Besides, isn't 50 rounds of .40 worth $200 right now?
    You dont even need a gunsmith. Apex makes a $20 drop in spring kit to fix the trigger. https://apextactical.com/store/produ...php?pid57.html
    $220 bucks dropped and you will have a sweet shooting gun. I am super jealous.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

I've been thinking ....

Here is a video from hickok45 on the 9mm VE ...the caliber should not matter . I would buy one just at the price point

Smith & Wesson SD9VE - YouTube

Enjoy -

The Sigma is a POS compared to the M&P, BUT (and this is a big BUT) for $200 and with 50 rounds of ammo I'd go for it. I'd never buy a Sigma for anything close to MSRP but $200 for a serviceable handgun backed by a lifetime warranty is a good deal.

I would never call it a POS. Is it a glock or an M&P...nope. It is an economical defense pistol meant for HD and range use. Also, the current line of Sigma pistols are far superior to the original Sigma line. Admittedly its not for everyone but for 200 bucks including some ammo, your not out much if you dont like it. I would buy it before I bought a similarly priced highpoint any day of the week.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.
    ~Daniel Webster

BUY IT. I have one. Great combat gun. Trigger is stiff but no external safeties so it needs to be. Eats anything I put in it. I gave 300 for mine and thought i got a good deal. Wish I could find one for 200 with no ammo.

It was so close to a Glock in design the slides will interchange and Smith had to pay Glock money to keep producing it. And give it the hard trigger. Accurate dependable and As far sw40ve vs sd 40 very little difference except the rail.
    Taurahe likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Your friend probably never shot a Glock or M&P, so the heavy trigger should be a non issue. I have one and trust it with home defense. And 40 cal is available here, where almost every other is sold out. $200 is a steal for such a solid built gun.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Yeah I wish I could find a 9mm in that pistol for the wife to match my 40 or even the 40. Matter of fact who has the gun?? Ill buy the darn thing LOL
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    BUY it. Do a apex spring kit if wanted and have a solid pistol for a great price. I have had one for a few years. Works very good. Its fun how the SW*ve heavy trigger gets so much flack but when the a hevy trigger is on a sig is fine!!! Seem fair?

All I did was take mine out of the box, clean it, and shoot it. Over 2000 times!! Cleaned it again and carry it every day. More comfortable than either my Glock 17 or 1911. Mine is a .40 and can't say enough good things. It was more than 200. If your brother backs out send me a PM. I am interested!!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

I had one and sold it to get up funds to buy a Glock but you know there is nothing really bad abt the sigma. Some complain abt the heavy trigger but I never thought anything abt it. It's a good pistol that's not a POS because it's just plain works. I do miss mine a lot since I sold it to my stepson. Will get another one down the road later. I just had Glock fever for a 10mm 20sf.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Well richard you bought a worth while glock. Great trail/woods gun.

SW40VE any feedback?

Thanks for all of the input! I will let him know! I wasn't familiar with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links