Glock 26 vs Nano question....

This is a discussion on Glock 26 vs Nano question.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 26, and I am interested in the Nano. Is there a noticeable difference in size when carrying? by looking at them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 vs Nano question....

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar

Glock 26 vs Nano question....

I have a Glock 26, and I am interested in the Nano. Is there a noticeable difference in size when carrying? by looking at them side by side they look very close. I want something smaller than the G26, easier to carry, and don't want my guns to overlap in size.

2. Remove Ads

Sig 938 would be better if you wanted something smaller then the 26, in my opinion my 26 is great for carry. We even live in the same place too lol
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

The first handgun I ever shot was the G26. I own the Nano. There is a decent difference in felt size between the two, and I prefer the skinniness of the Nano. Having said that, I've been toying with the idea of buying a 26 or 19 soon, just to have further options.

Yes, they are close, but you can only go so small in 9mm.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    That Sig 938 looks nice! I have not checked the Sig site in a long time.. did not know about this one.

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    The Sig looks really good but it's a bit spendy for me for a pocket pistol. I love my Nano but I wouldn't turn down any Sig, either.

Nano is smaller. Look at a Kahr PM9/CM9 too.

Beretta Nano: Barrel Length-3" width-0.90" height-4.17" length-5.63" weight- 20 oz
    Glock 26 : Barrel length- 3 1/2" width- 1.18 " height- 4.17 length- 6.29" weight- 20 oz

The nano is the same height as the G26, but is a half inch shorter, and significantly thinner. what does this mean ? to some... nothing. to others.... the nano conceals easier due to its thinner frame and shorter barrel. The nano grip is very short, as is the g26. NANO= thin G26+chubby. Both are great sidearms, you just have to decide which suits your needs better.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Yes, the Nano is a bit lighter than the G26. More importantly for conceal carry, it is a bit thinner and shorter, making conceal carry a bit easier with the Nano. Easier for me, I should point out. For me, the price point was the main difference between these two, which were my two "finalists" in choosing a conceal carry pistol. I still want a G26, might get the G19 first (if I can find one), but I would continue to carry the Nano. For me, the main factor, followed by price, was concealibility. Then brand reputation, which is why I had settled on the Glock until I learned of the Beretta. I considered Kahr and others for only the shortest of times. And I can tell you, after handling a bunch of Kahr's and the like at a recent gun show, there is a definite difference in build quality between those firearms and the Glock and Beretta. Again, to my subjective eyes, the Nano is built better than Kahr and similar brands. The S&W M&P's had excellent build quality, on par with the Beretta, but it's ergonomics didn't fit as well as the Nano. But the Glocks, in my subjective mind, are built like tanks, exhibiting the best build quality. Except for the sights: I hate the sights on the Glocks, would have to change them almost immediately. The Nano's three dot sights are fantastic.

I think the difference is negligible in terms of performance, size and weight.
    Get the best deal you can, make sure the gun fits your hand comfortably, and once you plunk down your dough....never look back.

What's the capacity on a Nano? Is it a single stack?

I see that tele_pathic mentioned the M&P series and I think they are fine guns...but their size will be similar to the G26. But the M&P 9C is a great shooting platform.

VIP Member
    The G-26 is a great carry gun 10+1 small just plain great! The Sig 938 is a great shooter but it is kind of a mini 1911, SA only 6+1 or 7+1 if you can find the mag. Both guns will shoot really well, the Glock is much lower in price so I would rather carry the cheaper of the two. If you are ok with 7+1 and want cheap and small look at the Ruger LC9.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I've got a Sig P938, or I should say that Sig has my P938 and has had it for the last five weeks. Before that I did have it for a few days after they had it for 3 weeks. Needless to say I'm a little frustrated. Second visit back to the factory. I had the P238 and had no issues. I wanted more caliber and the 938 made sense at the time. It is tiny for a 9mm.
    I'm picking up a Glock 27 today and kicking myself for buying the Sig. I know Sig has a good reputation and they are working on making the gun right, but I don't know how confident I'll ever be with it. From what I've read the 938 is finicky on ammo to start with.
    Glock spells confidence for me.

From what I've heard...the P938 doesn't always like 115 gr., but shoots 124 well. I don't have proof of that just interwebz rumors...

Heck, I don't know why I mentioned the M&P. I thought I read it somewhere in these posts, but when I looked again, I didn't see it. Of the G26 and Nano, I own the Nano and love it. But I can't wait to get a G19 or G26. Doesn't mean I won't stop carrying the Nano, which leads me to want the G19 for IDPA purposes.

New Member Array decisivedefense's Avatar
    If i am not carrying one of my glocks.(mostly custom g19) i carry my smith m&p shield in 9mm! it is much thinner than the glock but has the grip of the glock that you can get your whole hand on! i carry it in an appendix carry holster and love the thinness of it! I also have g26 and g27 but they are thick and short grip. So when i am not on duty and dont want or need to carry owb i carry the shield iwb appendix! i have over 2000 rds through it with no problems. Great gun for concealed carry! just my .02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links