Funds are limited...

Funds are limited...

This is a discussion on Funds are limited... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to CC and need some insight from those of you with experience. Looking to buy my first EDC but am confused on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Funds are limited...

Funds are limited...

I am new to CC and need some insight from those of you with experience. Looking to buy my first EDC but am confused on which type would cover the most bases. Eventually I will add to the collection of carry weapons but with limited funds I am forced to decide between pocket carry and IWB. I have models in mind for both scenarios, just would like some opinions on the most universal/practical mode of carry.

If I could only keep one of my trusty friends, I'd have to go with my beloved Glock 19. Having 15+1 9mm in a relatively small and inexpensive package covers all the bases I need covered.
    Mike1956 and WHEC724 like this.

VIP Member
    Ruger LC9 with either a pocket holster or IWB.
    carracer and jbum like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Here's only one opinion but I much prefer IWB to pocket carry because I like the sort of handguns I can tote IWB. I would prefer to use the IWB models if I had to gunfight with a handgun. Except for occasionally carrying a Colt Detective Special in a pocket, I'm not too keen on most handgun models that are suitable for pocket carry. They are less desirable to actually use for their intended purpose in my view. I don't like runty guns.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

J frame revolver
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I felt the same way when I joined this forum and started to carry. Since the money tree I planted did not work out my budget has taken one very very big hit.

I have the guns mentioned above. Both are nice but if I had to have just one it would be the G 19.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Not knowing your shooting experience, I would reccomend a compact .40 cal such as a ruger SR40C, S&W M&P 40C or a Glock 27. The compacts are generally too large for pocket carry, but they are easier to shoot accurately, feel btter in the hand for most people and are still easily concealable. I am not a fan of pocket carry because I can only do it with a jacket and I dont like the odd balance of weight. I primarily carry IWB, and my Ruger SR40C disappears nicely in my Foxx Holsters Little Foxx.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    With no idea of how much you can spend and if you are recoil sensitive ist hard to guess. For IWB a old faithfull holster kit for 39 bucks works well. For a handgun a bersa thunder 380 from there CC to thunder line or a KT P-11 for 260 bucks will do well up to a glock or m&p compact and all in between. For pocket carry a simple pocket holster from desnatis and a micro 380 up to a cm9 kahr or pf-9 KT. See what friends own to try out.

A little more info: currently have a Ruger P95 and a Glock 23. Ideal pocket gun would probably be a S&W j frame, IWB would be something along the lines of m&p 9c or an XDS. Great feedback so far!

Funds are limited...

Definitely J frame

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What is nice is you have so many choices and several fine handguns to choose from.The one's who have made suggestions,have named some good ones.I hope it stays that way for all of us.Good luck.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    You have two guns already that are perfectly suited to carry IWB. A G23 is my EDC and I find it to be the perfect compromise between size/weight/use ability.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Glock!
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR_55 View Post
    A little more info: currently have a Ruger P95 and a Glock 23. Ideal pocket gun would probably be a S&W j frame, IWB would be something along the lines of m&p 9c or an XDS. Great feedback so far!
    Ahhh... I get it. You're justifying your next purchase.

Definitely J-frame.

Let us know when you need a push for the one to follow that one.
    blitzburgh likes this.

A Glock-19 is the perfect IWB gun, if you like 9mm, the Glock-26 would also work.
    Now, if you like bigger holes, the Glock-36 (my little friend), would work very well.
    mwhartman and zonker1986 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links