Kahr PM 40 or CM 40

Kahr PM 40 or CM 40

This is a discussion on Kahr PM 40 or CM 40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am wanting a 40 cal that I can pocket carry.. Is the CM 40 a reliable semi or should I spend the extra money ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rollo

Thread: Kahr PM 40 or CM 40

Kahr PM 40 or CM 40

I am wanting a 40 cal that I can pocket carry.. Is the CM 40 a reliable semi or should I spend the extra money and get the PM 40 ?
    Thanks
    Rick

The guns are pretty much the same except for some external milling on the slide and stamping vs engraving on the slide. Also, the front sight is staked in on the CM series as opposed to dovetailed on the PM series. The CM series also only comes with one mag. I personally see no reason to spend the extra money on the PM series.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

i had a cm9 and it was fantastic gun never had a problem in 700 rnds and it was very accurate. it his easily in a pocket. i regret ever selling it, and will get another. I am sure the cm40 performs just the same
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Agree with Rollo. I have both the CM9 and CM40. For up close and personal use, I see very little practical difference between the PM/CM models. If you want to install
    night sights, Kahr has those for the CM series on their website. PM series has polyganol rifled barrels versus standard rifling on the CM series.....if I were shooting for
    accuracy at 25 yards, that might make a difference....but not for the purpose these guns were designed.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Agree with Rollo. I have both the CM9 and CM40. For up close and personal use, I see very little practical difference between the PM/CM models. If you want to install
    night sights, Kahr has those for the CM series on their website. PM series has polyganol rifled barrels versus standard rifling on the CM series.....if I were shooting for
    accuracy at 25 yards, that might make a difference....but not for the purpose these guns were designed.
    I forgot about the barrel. Honestly, I tend to prefer non poly rifled barrels just in case lead bullets are the only thing I can find.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Well I don't care about the barrel difference, sights and assemble pin are changeable or upgradeable if needed. barrel milling??!! Spend the extra on ammo .Guess I am to cheap to waste the extra money for the costlier model. I have a cm9, cw9 and did spend more to buy a tp40 but its odd that it has the same upgrades and the p & pm but the cost right bewtween the other two.

I went ahead and bought the cm40. Will try to shoot it some tomorrow..
    Rick

Sponsored Links