Bought another gun(s)....

This is a discussion on Bought another gun(s).... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So monday i went into my LGS to buy a Glock 17 gen 3 for my police academy training and since 9mm ammo is in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bought another gun(s)....

So monday i went into my LGS to buy a Glock 17 gen 3 for my police academy training and since 9mm ammo is in shortage they are limiting it to gun purchases or range time only (limit 2 boxes). Well I bought the Glock and the salesman said they were getting their shipment of about 100k rounds in tomorrow (tuesday) so i said ok ill be back tomorrow. Tomorrow comes along so i head back in and make the mistake to stroll along over to the Glock cases and they just put out a 19 gen 4 that they just got in. So long story short I bought 2 Glocks in 2 days lol. Now i just need to get out and shoot them.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Sounds like a great couple of days for you!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Very nice, congrats on your purchase(s). But let me guess, by the time you got there the next day, that 100K rounds were gone.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Hey, where in central Florida are they getting 100k rounds? Sounds like an excuse for a road trip

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Very nice, congrats on your purchase(s). But let me guess, by the time you got there the next day, that 100K rounds were gone.
    Lol well they have 7 stores so they split it evenly but i did get my 200 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeterson View Post
    Hey, where in central Florida are they getting 100k rounds? Sounds like an excuse for a road trip
    Shoot Straight, they have 7 stores but they only sell if you use the range or if you buy a new gun.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, shooters world in Tampa is the same way. I've heard good things about Shoot Straight though, haven't been there yet

I thought each Shoot Straight ordered their own inventory and were operated separately, not sure though...

When I bought my Shield recently I box a box of ammo to go with it...then I went to the range section to test it and bought a box of ammo, so I was able to score two boxes (and only shot a few rounds) lol.

There's a gun store in Lakeland that had a decent supply of handgun ammo when I was there two weeks ago. Not a good price, but not completely insane (I think I paid $23?) I'm not sure if they limit the number of boxes, I only bought one.

Ah the gun addiction bug has bit you I see. But anywho enjoy those new pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I thought each Shoot Straight ordered their own inventory and were operated separately, not sure though...
    Yes and No, they are all owned by the same guy and they order their own inventory but it all comes into the Apopka store and the Apopka store keeps what they need and sends out the rest.
    Lish likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    Lol well they have 7 stores so they split it evenly but i did get my 200 rounds.
    That's not even a couple hours of shooting, there!

Gotta bring spouse, neighbor, the pool guy, and the car mechanic. That'll get you a couple thousand rounds. That should do you a few weeks, what with the new Glocks needing some attention.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

all you need to complete the Glock Trilogy...........

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    all you need to complete the Glock Trilogy...........

I have a 26 already

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Love my glock 23 and I'm sure you got a price for new around 398 with 3 mags...Lucky dog
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Nice, congrats. What was the other Glock you bought? With a 17 and a 26 you're all set for work and for off duty. I know the blue tag Glocks come with 3 mags, do they come with night sights too?

By the way, if your job doesn't reimburse you for the gun you can write that off your taxes next year.

You can't beat buying a Glock, unless you buy two of them.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links