Sig 2022 - prices gone up, still worth it?

This is a discussion on Sig 2022 - prices gone up, still worth it? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After watching some online reviews I've become really interested in the Sig 2022. I've always been a fan of Sig's 200 series but the cost ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Sig 2022 - prices gone up, still worth it?

After watching some online reviews I've become really interested in the Sig 2022. I've always been a fan of Sig's 200 series but the cost has always stopped me from buying one. I've heard that when the 2022 first came out they were selling for as low as $350, pretty commonly found in the $400 range. I called up a local shop that sells Sig and the 2022 is backordered 6-8 weeks. Went on Gunbroker and they're available, but anywhere from $500 on up to $660. In that range you start to really open up to other options. I like Sig because the 200s I've shot or fondled (hehe) felt great in my hands and even being a lefty I found the controls easy to use. And of course, Sig's reputation is legendary.

So what do y'all think? Is this value-heavy gun still worth the going prices? Or should I wait until the price hopefully drops again? I'm sure the current gun scare has a lot to do with the price jump but that doesn't mean they'll go back down any time soon. I'm still shopping around for my next purchase and I figure I'd like to spend $600 or under so like I said, that leaves a ton of options on the table.
    I came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in someone else's blood; I'm fully prepared to go out the same way.

No, the Sig Pro series is nothing like the quality of the P200 series. For $350-400 it is a decent buy, for $500-660 that is a horrible choice, not worth it. If you are going to spend that kind of money, go with a Glock or an M&P.

Nope
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member
    Ya, I would pass at that price range. I would bet in another couple of months they'll be back to around the $400 range.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    I'm curious. What makes the Glock or M&P a better gun than the 2022? I'm just wondering as I hve heard many people really liking the 2022. I'm just asking as I dont own any of the three.

EMH
    $500 is the most you should pay for a 2022

Even at $500 that's pushing its value imo.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    The inexpensive 9mm's are all the rage. I got mine before the market took hold and only payed $379-used. To date, it is my best weapon purchase.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Re: Sig 2022 - prices gone up, still worth it?

At $600, if you want combat tupperware, your money is better spent on Xd, Glocks, and M&P. If you want an SA/DA decocker, look at a CZ. People like the P2022, no doubt, because it's a cheap sig, but once it hits the price of other polymer guns, it's lost the appeal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    JulesWinnfield likes this.

I geuss my question is, why is it not as good as other polymer guns?I've seen them locally here for $495 but just curious why the are less desirable than Glock ,M&P, or Xd.

New Member Array WrongWheelDrive's Avatar

I paid $395 for my 2022 in January. Put about 1500 rounds through it so far, and it hasn't skipped a beat yet. It's a perfectly good alternative to a glock, xd, etc IMO

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think it's a question about whether a 2022 is good or bad in comparison to other plastic guns, I think the real question is how much should you pay for one...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AHH, got it. Thanks. Thats what I was wondering.

Ive had a 229 and a 2022 in 40 for years,IMHO one thing the XD's/M&P's,Glocks have over the DA/SA trigger is that it takes more practice to get used to the trigger and the DA trigger can take a fraction of a second longer to squeeze off an accurate shot vs SA or striker fired guns.that being said I paid around $350 used for mine and I wouldn't pay over $400 for one
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I was under the impression that the 2022 was high dollar when first introduced and Sig made their development money back and gradually lost interest in the 2022 and stop spending money marketing it. I don't own a 2022. I have shot them. I consider them to on par with anyone's polymer gun.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links