XD45c (pic) experiences..

This is a discussion on XD45c (pic) experiences.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my Xd45 compact for a while now and I never hear much about them. The gun has never misbehaved in any way at ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sap03
  • 1 Post By Sleepnheat
  • 1 Post By GMArthur

Thread: XD45c (pic) experiences..

I've had my Xd45 compact for a while now and I never hear much about them. The gun has never misbehaved in any way at all running through every brand of ammo there is. I was going to trade it for a glock 30 but it just hasnt given me any reason to give it up. Only thing that needs improvement is the trigger and its still not the worst, just a little mushy. Has anyone had experience with this gun ?
    Attached Images
    ironmike86 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I have owned the xd .45 4" model for almost 4 years. To be honest, I really love the gun. It has never jammed (that I can recall) and I find the ergonomics just beautiful. I shoot well with it and recoil is soft for a .45, even with + P's. It's my EDC; my trusty pistol.

See my avatar
    crossfireltd likes this.
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

What kind of holster are you using ?>

I've had a XD45 Service model for about 4 or 5 years. It's just a dead reliable gun. Never a hiccup unless I ran 185gr LSWC which turns the gun into a single shot.

Best holster I've found for the XD45 is the UBG Striker model. It's very comfortable and conceals a full sized gun pretty well.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Right now I am really liking the Remora. Its very versatile and works with my build.
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I've had one since they came out. Love this gun. It has never malfunctioned, points well and is comfortable to shoot. I carry in a KD eagle defender.

Last edited by fotomaker57; March 10th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    XD-40, here... Same mush but also same great feel and reliability. Had an XD-9 years ago and none of them have ever skipped a beat in any form or fashion. Not so much as a slide failing to lock back... Eats everything from the worst of cheap FMJ's to the best of JHP's.

I have also noticed the fit and finish pretty damn durable. My stainless slide looks brand new still and the gun is from 09 with heavy use. Not bad since I picked it up for $425

I carry an XD-40 4" stainless slide every day in a MTAC Minotaur hybrid IWB holster. I've fired thousands of rounds through it without one single issue. I did an 8 hour training class with it last weekend and it functioned flawlessly for hundreds of rounds and constant mag changes and reloads, mags landing in the dirt, etc. It was right at 32 degrees when we started and it warmed up nicely and the gun got nice and hot. No need to lube it during the course - just the BreakFree CLP applied when I cleaned it prior to the course. At 5'10" and 220 pounds, I can easily carry a full size pistol rather than a subcompact or micro gun, and have decided that rather than chasing the hottest, newest pistols, I would rather stick to this one since it's already second nature and knowing that it functions every single time I press the trigger. As part of the course, we all fired everyone else's pistols (S&W M&P's, Glocks, Kahr's, Tauruses, 1911's, HK's, Beretta 92's and Storms, etc) and nothing made me go "Wow, that is so much better than my XD." Well, the 1911's and HK's were nice...

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Links