First Handgun...CC...new to guns but looking forward to a long partnership

This is a discussion on First Handgun...CC...new to guns but looking forward to a long partnership within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking into the purchase of my first firearm. I am looking at a few 9mm; the Kahr CW9 , Sig P239 (possibly ...

Thread: First Handgun...CC...new to guns but looking forward to a long partnership

I have been looking into the purchase of my first firearm. I am looking at a few 9mm; the Kahr CW9 , Sig P239 (possibly in 357 sig), the CZ 2075 Rami, Ruger SR9c any thoughts or comments on these selections or a rank. I've been going between these for weeks and am looking to narrow it down. Thanks

Are you thinking inner waist band (IWB) or outer waist band (OWB) or pocket?

IWB mostly but am open to OWB if i can still conceal with a shirt or something

The Cw9 is very small and a great gun, but may require a little practice due to its short sight radius. The CZ RAMI is a great gun and I have been wanting one myself. My personal EDC is a Ruger SR40C, and I love it. Best bang and useability for the buck.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I could tell you what I'd get, but that will serve you no good. As usual, get what you want. Just make sure you learn it well and shoot it.

A lot.

I have shot about a 100 rds through the CW9 and really liked the feel and shootability of the gun if you will. I shot the CZ 75 which made me want the rami I really like the feel of the CZ so I'm pretty torn but also do not want to break the want but i have no problem spending $500 around there

bank* Multistage a few people have told me the same thing its just nice to get an idea of where other people stand. the gun show is coming next weekend so hopefully I will be able to go there and get to pick up and get a feel for the ones I have been looking at and hopefully make a purchase

My carry is a M&P40c. It's the same size a the 9mm version. It's also about the same size (a touch smaller) than the Ruger SR40C.
    As said, there are smaller guns but the sight radius (distance between sights) gets smaller too. This can reduce accuracy, but accuracy can be regained with practice.
    Price/quality/reliability, they are closely connected.

yes that is very evident from reading through a bunch of different threads and forums before joining, I understand that concept and that also why I chose the guns I did I believe that the price range for quality and reliability match pretty well except for the sig which i think runs for over 600 maybe 700

I love my P239, but everything you listed there is a good gun. Pick the one that works best for you, get good with it, and don't second guess yourself because of what others tell you.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Thanks I appreciate it

VIP Member
    My wife has a CW9, very well made and accurate gun. I carry a CW45 on occasion, carried IWB. Recently I've been carrying my CZ RAMI OWB in a pancake holster, CZ are one of the better kept secrets in the gun community, and you can't go wrong with a Sig. No experience with the Ruger.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Thanks Thats very helpful. when your carrying OWB do u find you can still conceal with say a t shirt or jacket or does it print to much?

Go to a range that rents an shoot the guns you listed all are good dependable guns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Links