The Signess Strikes Again...

This is a discussion on The Signess Strikes Again... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...and I have come to the conclusion that it's a hopeless affliction. I have no control. So here I am at the range counter after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Signess Strikes Again...

...and I have come to the conclusion that it's a hopeless affliction. I have no control.

So here I am at the range counter after I finished off putting another 200 rounds thru my CZ P07 Duty 9mm (still flawless...I love that gun)...and I make the mistake of walking over to the Sig display case. Now I have been wanting a P226 9mm Enhanced Elite for some time now, and they still haven't received anymore since they sold the last one I was drooling over...BUT...what do they have instead?...a P229R 9mm Enhanced Elite!

I already have a pretty new P229R 40S&W, so out of curiosity, we pull out the P229 9mm Elite and another P229 40 that is identical to mine and a comparison takes place. The Sig website lists the width of the P229R EE at 1.6" and they don't specify a difference in width between 9mm and 40S&W, but holding both pistols side by side in hand...the 9mm looks to me like it's visibly thinner than the 40. So I have to ask myself, "what is the difference between the P226R EE and the P229R EE in the same caliber, other than overall length and height?" Little difference...maybe none?

I had to have it. So I put it on layaway just to make sure I didn't end up in the same boat as when I let that P226R EE escape me.

Here's a lousy iPhone pick just before it was boxed up and sent to the back...

By the way, I'm still waiting on a PM from anyone who can direct me to Sig-o-holics Anonymous, LOL!!

229-Enh-Elite-Hero-detail.jpg
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Very, very nice. May you have a sloooooooow recovery!

VIP Member

Pity
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Nice, I love my P229R. Its the SCT model that they don't make in the 229 anymore.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

I also have to mention that while I was browsing, I looked at an H&K P30 9mm LEM.

This is the first time I have ever held and actually tried an LEM trigger, and I must say...I like it! This makes me want to consider a DAK trigger on another Sig sometime in the future, if they're anything close in resemblance. The LEM almost felt like a striker fired pistol except a LOT smoother.

[facepalm] Here we go again.

I had to stop going by gun counter when i went to range to shoot.I don't have 100's of dollars,laying around to buy a firearm,but,i have zero will power.Nice Sig btw.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    I had to stop going by gun counter when i went to range to shoot.I don't have 100's of dollars,laying around to buy a firearm,but,i have zero will power.Nice Sig btw.
    Will power...what is that? Layaway can be a blessing and/or a curse I found out long ago.

It IS thinner. I had a 229 E2 40, and had a Kramer MSP and a Sparks VMII for it.

Then I got my 229 Enhanced Elite 9mm, which is on my belt right now.

It just swam in those two holsters. I miked the slides, and there was quite a difference. I called Sparks, and they said they were aware of it but didn't have a mold. So I called Tim Thurner and he said his RIWB will fit fine. I ordered one, and it does.

I have since sold the E2 40, but will always have the EE 9mm. What a honey. Very accurate.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

I used to carry a Sig 9mm years ago in my former life in law enforcement. For all the rave reviews...I just never cared for it.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Wondered if Multistage would chime in. He has nothing but good things to say about those. Before I bought my first gun, I looked at Sigs while shopping and the only thing I didnt like was the price. Funds are different now and I think I may need to go and see if I can not get infected with this disease. Although the HK bug is going around too!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    It IS thinner. I had a 229 E2 40, and had a Kramer MSP and a Sparks VMII for it.

Then I got my 229 Enhanced Elite 9mm, which is on my belt right now.

It just swam in those two holsters. I miked the slides, and there was quite a difference. I called Sparks, and they said they were aware of it but didn't have a mold. So I called Tim Thurner and he said his RIWB will fit fine. I ordered one, and it does.

I have since sold the E2 40, but will always have the EE 9mm. What a honey. Very accurate.
    At first I was skeptical about getting another P229 since they don't make the P228 anymore (other than the M11-A1) because I didn't want (basically) the same gun, that's why I was so intent on getting a 226. Then after a close inspection, I could see a definite width difference between the two. Being thinner, the comfortable E2 grip, 9mm, more compact and having that suh-weeeet SRT...I just couldn't walk away again like I did last time. All I could afford was a down payment...but income tax refund is coming and then it will be MINE...aaaall MINE!!! I cannot wait to get that thing in my hand and feel that short reset as I'm blasting down range. Plus, I imagine 9mm in that package is going to be very pleasant to shoot. Sigs are a pleasure to shoot regardless of caliber, but considering I have never shot a Sig in 9mm...I'm really looking forward to getting it.

Also, It actually worked out better than what I had intentioned. The 226 Elite I wanted was just going to be a range gun, but this 229 has the possibility of going into carry rotation.

Sig 2.jpg

P226 is a great gun and I hope to add a 229 to my collection. I have a 239
    and the 229 would fit nicely with the group. Thanks for the post.
    Be safe, Frank.

Nice!! I almost put a Scorpion on layaway on my last trip to the LGS.....if my wife hadn't been there, I probably would have had some "splainin to do Lucy"

Quote Originally Posted by helderberg View Post
    Sig 2.jpg

P226 is a great gun and I hope to add a 229 to my collection. I have a 239
    and the 229 would fit nicely with the group. Thanks for the post.
    Be safe, Frank.
    No doubt on the P226...even though all I have ever done was hold one. The 226 EE I was looking at was probably the most comfortable gun I have ever held, so I just knew I was going to have to have one.
    If you get a chance, get a 229 as well; they're just as nice but in a little smaller package.

I also agree on the P239. As soon as my holster comes in, it's going on my belt.

Be safe as well, and thank you!

I've come to the conclusion that Sigs and revolvers are all that I really like. Good find.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links