Now Im Loving my Shield thanx to DIY APEX wow!

This is a discussion on Now Im Loving my Shield thanx to DIY APEX wow! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got my apex carry kit today and installed it in about an hour. Now Im very happy with this gun the trigger feels great ! ...

Thread: Now Im Loving my Shield thanx to DIY APEX wow!

Now Im Loving my Shield thanx to DIY APEX wow!

Got my apex carry kit today and installed it in about an hour. Now Im very happy with this gun the trigger feels great ! I shot 200rnds through it about a half hour ago and with every single round landing in the 10range ( @30ft) I highly recommend anyone who is mechanically inclined to give this kit a try. All I used was a small punch, pic, hammer, vice, flathead screwdriver and allen key. The only thing that may give you a problem is the rear sight removal. I heated it with a blowdryer to remove the screw and Really Really had to give it a good wack to break it free of the channel. Sear and trigger spring were a breeze. There is a quality Youtube video by "robkarrob" that shows the entire installation of the kit that you can follow along ! The M&P line is surely one of the easiest to work on.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Good to here how well your pistols turned out after the apex kit. Good videos to back us up . Apex is the greatest thing to happen to s&w pistols!! I did my wifes m&p9c and it made a for a great upgrade too.

Definitely agree, I put one in my M&P. 40 and it went from the worst trigger I owned to one of the best. I just picked up a .40 Shield and it also has a crap trigger, although I hear they are usually decent. First time I shot it, I actually doubke checked that the safety was off because it stacks so heavily, definitely getting an Apex for it

for me personally, the trigger is a huge deal. I can quickly adapt to different grip angles, widths, recoils, sights etc... a bad trigger not so much.

Links