My new Kimber Custom II came home to live with me.

This is a discussion on My new Kimber Custom II came home to live with me. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I picked it up yesterday from my FFL and was able to get to the range last night. I put 50 rounds of PMC ...

Thread: My new Kimber Custom II came home to live with me.

So I picked it up yesterday from my FFL and was able to get to the range last night. I put 50 rounds of PMC through it and 50 rounds of Lawman through it. To my amazement, I didn't have one FTE, stovepipe, or anything else. That's not to say I won't have any issues during break-in, but pretty happy i haven't had any so far! I am new to 1911s and have wanted a Kimber for a while. I love the trigger on it. It's very clean and crisp. The only thing that is a bit blah to me are the sights. No big deal though, I will probably be changing them out anyway.

Anyway, just showing off my new toy!

Congratulations on catching the 1911 bug. I have the meprolight night sights on both of my kimbers. They are ridiculously bright in the dark, and are a good addition to any carry gun. If its just a range gun then save the money and just get some regular white dots. Enjoy!
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

VIP Member
    That's beast...can't wait to get a 1911 one day. But for now, I'll be patient and wait, and put my money towards a couple of firearms that are further up on my list. But your Kimber is making me think about twice about that...ha!
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Yeah there are a couple of other guns on my list but after shooting my buddy's Kimber last year, I had the "itch". Lol

Hi NoLuck7 -

You have a beauty for sure!

It's hard to beat the classic look and functionality of a 1911, and although I only have experience with one Kimber product, if your experience is the same as mine, you will be very pleased!

Thank you for the picture.

best

mqqn

Congrats! I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II with Crimson Laser grips waiting for at Gander Mountain when my permit arrives.
    Sig Sauer P226 .40 - HD
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 - EDC

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Learn all you can about the platform. Compared to the modern guns like Glock, Sig, etc. the 1911 seems a little complicated, but when you tear one completely down you really see the genius in JMB's engineering. There are a few more parts, but they will only fit/work one way and after a little instruction you can really learn to service most problems with the gun. Plenty of great instructional videos online. Just don't go buying that drop in parts bogus, switching things around too much will give you issues. Nice Kimber.

Links