Beretta Nano

Beretta Nano

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife has agreed to me purchasing a new gun. I currently carry a SCCY CPX-2 and really like it but can not pass up ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano

Beretta Nano

My wife has agreed to me purchasing a new gun. I currently carry a SCCY CPX-2 and really like it but can not pass up the chance to buy another one. I would like to know if you own a Nano what do you think of them. My LGS has one new I can get for $398 out the door. I was wondering if there were issues with the pistol or any reason not to buy it. Thanks in advance.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I wanted to get my hands on a Nano a few weeks back before I bought my S&W Shield but I could not find one. Wound up looking at one at a Sportsman's Warehouse a few days after I bought the Shield. It seemed like a quality pistol and at $398 OTD, I would buy it. I like the trigger better on my Shield but I think the Nano would be a breeze to conceal.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

There's a search function here, right? Search beretta nano and you'll see all my posts raving about this pistol. $398 otd is a GREAT price. I got mine for $399 + tax, $430 otd. He told me the next nano he got in would sell for $459+tax.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    The BU-9 is my EDC. I like mine very much so far. It is a little snappy with the Speer Gold Dot +P 124 grainers, but controllable. On the other hand, I am a Beretta nut and a little biased. I bought mine for 400$ when they were on sale at one of the "big box" stores, but normally they go for around 450$.
    ItalianSteel likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

I like mine so much I want to get another one. Maybe I'll get the FDE frame for the next one.

I want a Nano and would give $400 for one in the blink of an eye....and I wouldn't ask my wife if it was OK!

My nano is junk. Do a web search on Beretta Nano fail to eject, fail to feed, problems. If it was just a gun or two, there would not be so many web sites with problems. The last time I was on the Beretta forum site there was a thread of 15 pages of people begging Beretta to fix the Nano. The moderator, (the Beretta rep), shut the thread down.

Yes, and if you search the forums here, you'll see that DannyB is a bit bitter. Dannyboy, I'm not saying you shouldn't be bitter (not that you need my approval or anything), and Danny's is a legitimate complaint. Of course, Danny also refuses to send the gun to Beretta or to sell it, so there you go.

All I can say is this: MY Nano is a great pistol. 175 rounds total so far, a mix of 115gr. and 147gr. today. I couldn't feel too much difference in recoil. From 3 yds, X ring, baby. From 7, x ring and 9's. From 15 yds, managed to stay in the 7's, 8's, a couple 9's, and one x-ring. I will say, though, that I HATED the 8 rd. mag, could never get it to seat well, or as easily as my 6rd mag. So I sold the 8rd mag, bought a 6rd mag and some talon rubber grips with the difference. Next up: Trijicon night sights as soon as they're in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
    Yes, and if you search the forums here, you'll see that DannyB is a bit bitter. Dannyboy, I'm not saying you shouldn't be bitter (not that you need my approval or anything), and Danny's is a legitimate complaint. Of course, Danny also refuses to send the gun to Beretta or to sell it, so there you go.

All I can say is this: MY Nano is a great pistol. 175 rounds total so far, a mix of 115gr. and 147gr. today. I couldn't feel too much difference in recoil. From 3 yds, X ring, baby. From 7, x ring and 9's. From 15 yds, managed to stay in the 7's, 8's, a couple 9's, and one x-ring. I will say, though, that I HATED the 8 rd. mag, could never get it to seat well, or as easily as my 6rd mag. So I sold the 8rd mag, bought a 6rd mag and some talon rubber grips with the difference. Next up: Trijicon night sights as soon as they're in stock.
    How about I follow you around and talk down to you about your experience and opinions, Ehhh Tele BOY? Only those with your particular point of view should be allowed to tell their truth without being talked down to. Right? Someone asks how do you like the Nano, and I should tell him it's great because TeleBOY says so.
    My Nano is crap. another guy on this forum sent his Nano back to the factory twice and it is still crap. do a web search on Beretta Nano problems. The factory isn't fixing any of them. Just sending them back saying buy better ammo. When I bought mine the factory was not yet admitting that you should not shoot 115Gr. ammo, (which is the most common).

To the OP, I LOVE my Nano. Everytime I shoot it, I love it even more.

To DannyB, I didn't mean to offend you or make you feel like I was talking down to you. Tone and voice inflection are peculiar things on the internet. I was just trying to emphasize this point: Several people have posted on here, on youtube, and elsewhere about fte's regarding the Beretta Nano. 95% of those people sent their Nanos to Beretta for repair. One guy sent his 2 or 3 times; finally, the fte problem was fixed. I'm not saying this is good, but I am saying that when the guns were returned for repair, Beretta fixed them. If you refuse to send your Nano to Beretta, then you have little to complain about. If you refuse to sell it, then you have less to complain about. If I have a problem with something but I refuse to take the necessary steps to correct or rectify that problem, then I have no one else to blame but myself. You have a legitimate problem with this pistol, one others have had. But if you refuse to do anything about you, I don't feel bad for you.
    ItalianSteel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
    My nano is junk....
    I don't understand how you can continue to say this stuff when you aren't willing to take the first logical step in resolving the problem. No product is perfect. Any reasonable human being knows that. The real measure of a company is how they will resolve an issue when one inevitably arises. You refuse to allow them the opportunity to resolve it but then continue to badmouth Beretta and the Nano. I have no particular loyalty to the company or the gun but I fail to understand how you can justify your comments. The majority of the issues I have read about were fixed with one trip back to the manufacturer, where they polished the ramp and/or replaced the ejector, after which the owners seemed very satisfied. Why you wouldn't at least let them try to fix it is beyond me. At this point I'd have to say that you are at least 50% to blame for the fact that you're not happy with that gun.

Edit: I'm not trying to bust your b***s man, but I just can't comprehend why you wouldn't want to resolve this problem one way or another and move on. Life's too short to not be happy.
    phreddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozehound View Post
    I want a Nano and would give $400 for one in the blink of an eye....and I wouldn't ask my wife if it was OK!
    Unlike you Sir my wife and I work together and when it comes to spending money we do confer on these matters. So what you do with your wife is your business don't knock what I do as it is mine. If I need your smart a** comments I would have asked for them. Given your user name and where you live kind of explains it.

^^^ He might just be saying the deal is so good he would do it "consequences be damned." Or he could be a smart **s, lol.
    That deal is as good as most that I have seen. I was lucky enough to pick one up new for $350 (381 out the door) and that's the cheapest I've seen so far.
    eureka77 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaxwell View Post
    Unlike you Sir my wife and I work together and when it comes to spending money we do confer on these matters. So what you do with your wife is your business don't knock what I do as it is mine. If I need your smart a** comments I would have asked for them. Given your user name and where you live kind of explains it.
    Relax, take a deep breath. Life's too short to get all racked around by forum comments.

I've been married to the same woman for going on 45 years. Like you, we share everything. Communication is the foundation of trust. Trust is everything in a marriage.

She bought me an XDs for Christmas. (Another gun you might look at - pocket full of thunder it is, but surprisingly nice to shoot for such a tiny cannon.)

At that price, I'd recommend you get the Nano and find out for yourself.

It isn't the right gun for me, but it might be for you. I don't like long light trigger pulls on any gun. Kahr, Nano, LC9, or similar. I have an LCP and tolerate it because it's so tiny.

The Nano looks like the single stack 9 Glock should build until one tries the trigger. But, it's certainly usable. And for the price you were offered, a bargain.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by mamaxwell View Post
    My wife has agreed to me purchasing a new gun. I currently carry a SCCY CPX-2 and really like it but can not pass up the chance to buy another one. I would like to know if you own a Nano what do you think of them. My LGS has one new I can get for $398 out the door. I was wondering if there were issues with the pistol or any reason not to buy it. Thanks in advance.
    I really like my Nano and I carry it daily. I do have the Lasermax on it and an 8 round mag but for concealed carry I like the 6 round mag. See my experience here on post #7:
    Nano bashing = sub compact bashing - Beretta Forum
    By the way I saw recently that the serial number for Nanos passed 55,000.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links