New Gen 4 Glock 27

New Gen 4 Glock 27

This is a discussion on New Gen 4 Glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let me give a little history here. Let a friend talk me in to trading him my Glock 27 for a Springfield XD Sub Compact ...

Thread: New Gen 4 Glock 27

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar

New Gen 4 Glock 27

Let me give a little history here. Let a friend talk me in to trading him my Glock 27 for a Springfield XD Sub Compact in 40 S&W. The XD had 50 rounds through it, had a Blackhawk Serpa holster, and 6 factory magazines with it. I loved how the XD felt in my hand, so I made the trade. Took it to the range a few days later and absolutely hated the darn thing. I was not accurate with it at all and realized I'd made a STUPID mistake. I offered to buy my old Glock back from him but he really liked the Glock and we had shaken hands on the deal, so I decided to sell the XD.

I posted the XD on a local firearms swap board and found a buyer pretty quickly. Fortunately my LGS had just gotten a shipment of GEN 4 Glock 27's in, so I snagged one quick. Had them install 3 dot Trijicon night sights before I left. This particular pistol has test fire date of 2-28-13. I should have known better than to trade a firearm that I trusted, knew was reliable, and one that I was accurate with. I was also fortunate that I got enough out of the XD that the new Glock cost me less than $40 "out of pocket". I know Glocks are pretty simple and boring to look at, but here is a picture.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Outstanding! Your gun and mine are twins except for the sights, I'm going to get night sights of some kind eventually but haven't gotten around to it yet, for now it is totally stock. I too hate the XD series, it feels like an airsoft gun and is priced about twice what it really should be. Those look like Golden Sabers? What weight? I have found that 165 is a pretty hard snap in the 27 but 180 is more comfortable to shoot.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Outstanding! Your gun and mine are twins except for the sights, I'm going to get night sights of some kind eventually but haven't gotten around to it yet, for now it is totally stock. I too hate the XD series, it feels like an airsoft gun and is priced about twice what it really should be. Those look like Golden Sabers? What weight? I have found that 165 is a pretty hard snap in the 27 but 180 is more comfortable to shoot.
    I actually like how the XD's feel, I just don't care for the way I shoot them. I think they are good pistols but like Glock or any other manufactuer, they are not for everyone.
    As for the rounds in the picture, they were some loose rounds I had in the safe. Most are Golden Saber 165's but I think there may be some 180's.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Congrats! The beauty is in their simplicity and reliability. Add a little Frog Lube and they smell pretty good, too!

Re: New Gen 4 Glock 27

I just sold my XDM for a 23C! It took me a while to see the Glock side of things but the XDM trigger is junk. Everyone I've shot! But the Glocks with a 3.5 connector... Mmmm baby!

In God and Glock we Trust

Sponsored Links