SIG P238 Sight Issue

This is a discussion on SIG P238 Sight Issue within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a sig P238 a few months back and I have been happy with it so far. My only problem is the length of ...

Thread: SIG P238 Sight Issue

SIG P238 Sight Issue

I purchased a sig P238 a few months back and I have been happy with it so far. My only problem is the length of the front sight. It take too long to aim & align the sights due to the length of the front sight. Has anyone else experienced this? I am thinking about just getting a normal sized front night sight for it.

Thanks in advance for any info. IMG_0191.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    That sight is a little tricky and I think folks tend to try to tilt and move the pistol to get the most light through it. I have the same setup on my P238 Sport 12 and have mostly ignored it in faver of just lineing up the from and rear and fire. You can however change that sight and install something more suited to your personal tastes. Or, work with it some more. It is very useful in daylight conditions.

BTW, you purchased a fine little pistol and something you can work with to make it more personal.

Regards!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    That sight is a little tricky and I think folks tend to try to tilt and move the pistol to get the most light through it. I have the same setup on my P238 Sport 12 and have mostly ignored it in faver of just lineing up the from and rear and fire. You can however change that sight and install something more suited to your personal tastes. Or, work with it some more. It is very useful in daylight conditions.

BTW, you purchased a fine little pistol and something you can work with to make it more personal.

Regards!

Diddle,

Thanks for the insight. I do tend to shoot about 4" low unless I take my time and make sure everything is lined up. I am gonna go ahead and order a plain front night sight online for it to see if it helps. I like the gun a lot and it will be very easy to carry in SE Texas summers.

Links