New Gun

New Gun

This is a discussion on New Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So a couple days after I bought my AR, I took my wife back to Cabellas. She was looking through the cases. and came upon ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jemsaal

Thread: New Gun

New Gun

So a couple days after I bought my AR, I took my wife back to Cabellas. She was looking through the cases. and came upon a little Kahr 9mm. She liked it so much that she ended up buying it. To be honest, I really do like the feel of the gun. The trigger pull is WAY to long for me, though the reset point doesn't feel too bad.

She loves the fact that it's a single stack because it fits her hand better. I'm a bit leery of it because she is essentialy going down from 20 9mm that she currently carries in a purse when she goes out, to 7 rounds (well, she would've, see below. Also, she's not comfortable with one in the chamber yet). I also don't like how it breaks down - it's more like the old 1911's in that you have to remove the slide stop. Either way, at least she has (had-see below) something she's more likely to carry now on her person.

Here's a picture:

Kahr.jpg

Amazing thing though. Went out to shoot it a couple days later and it decided to join all the rest of my weapons in that pond over yonder.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

VIP Member
    Nothing wrong with the CW9, my wife has one and has had no problems with it. While the trigger pull may be long, it is smooth and breaks nicely. I was impressed enough with it, that I bought the CW45 for myself.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congrats on your wife's selection, and to you for letting HER pick out her own SD weapon.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

New Gun

Your wife has good taste. Those are great little guns.

Re: New Gun

1st off very nice gun. Second what's with all the pond references? Sorry if its a dumb question.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Nice, She can carry it a lot easier I bet.

I want a new gun too!!!

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats on your wife's selection, and to you for letting HER pick out her own SD weapon.
    LOL - thanks. I figured it was better to do that, then to have her keep stealing my guns!

On a more serious note - I did try to talk her out of it, but not much. She was pretty intent on getting a XDSC9mm, so I wanted to make sure she wasn't just jumping at a 9mm that she saw, instead of waiting. But when she told me why she wanted it, it made sense. I pointed out a couple of the downsides and she was more than okay with it, so that was that.

She does the same thing for me as well. Been a few times that she's told me not to buy something because she think I'm "settling" for it. So far, I think she's been right every time.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    LOL - thanks. I figured it was better to do that, then to have her keep stealing my guns!

On a more serious note - I did try to talk her out of it, but not much. She was pretty intent on getting a XDSC9mm, so I wanted to make sure she wasn't just jumping at a 9mm that she saw, instead of waiting. But when she told me why she wanted it, it made sense. I pointed out a couple of the downsides and she was more than okay with it, so that was that.

She does the same thing for me as well. Been a few times that she's told me not to buy something because she think I'm "settling" for it. So far, I think she's been right every time.
    Congrats to your wife on her new pistol. My wife picked out her first carry gun a few weeks back. I tried to sway her towards the S&W Shield but she could operate the Ruger LC9 better.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Congratulations on the new weapon. Now do yourself a favor and visit KahrTalk Home. Go to the forum section and select Kahr tech. In that section you will find a "sticky" at the top of the page that is titled "proper prep of a Kahr." It is very informative and will help keep your Kahr trouble free.

Another good post.....3rd post down in the thread.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=18056

I had her gun's big brother (CW45) and little brother (CM9) before I lost them both while looking for your AR in the pond.

GREAT choice for a CCW! Congrats!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I assume it's a REAL DEEP pond.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Sponsored Links