Shield or Glock 26, Should I really keep both ?

This is a discussion on Shield or Glock 26, Should I really keep both ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im thinking of getting a .40 to replace one of my 2 9mm sub-compacts. I love both the shield and the 26 but I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shield or Glock 26, Should I really keep both ?

Shield or Glock 26, Should I really keep both ?

Im thinking of getting a .40 to replace one of my 2 9mm sub-compacts. I love both the shield and the 26 but I have to admit the shield is just more comfortable for edc. If I got the 40 I would have a 9, 40, 45 which would make me a little more versatile in finding ammo which is a concern these days. Does anyone own both? So shield or 26 or keep both and just save up for the .40

also I have about $150 into the shield in accessories
    about $350 into the glock in accessories including 17rnd mags and nightsight & crimson trace that I dont use

2. Remove Ads

I would still keep both but I dont sell my guns... EVER. If you have to get rid of one, I would be happy to give you a receipt for your charitable donation. You can send either one im not picky :)
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Lol I guess I could send you the glock and just write it off on my taxes...

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I have a Shield in 9mm and a Glock 27, so I'm in a similar boat. I like the sub compact Glock's, shoot them well, and have a lot of 40 S&W ammo. I plan to carry the Shield during the warmer months and keep the Glock for other times of the year.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I would still keep both but I dont sell my guns... EVER. If you have to get rid of one, I would be happy to give you a receipt for your charitable donation. You can send either one im not picky :)

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    As I have said before: I often forget why I bought a gun until AFTER I sell it, and then I remember what kicking myself feels like...

If you aren't in need of the money, then I would keep them. Cain't hert ya much ifya hang unto 'em.

VIP Member
    Keep both. Period. If that's not an option, keep that which you feel more comfortable with for EDC. I can't speak to the Glock other than testing out at the range...and it rocked. But at the end of the day, I went with the Shield: better feel in the hand and on the hip. Just my $0.02.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

In the climate we're in now I think I would sell something else like a fishing pole or a corn hole game.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Keep them both if you can. They are both good guns and will retain their value. But if you absolutely have to sell one I would keep the Glock.

You guys are right I should just keep both it wont hurt. I think I may just be obsessed with buying and trading guns holy crap. I used to work at a gun shop and just fueled my fire. I need to open up my own shop.

i would suggest keeping both...you will for sure kick urself once you sell one of them if you do haha

ive been dying to get my hands on a shield but i cant even test one out because everywhere around here has been sold out of them for months!
    Glock 23 Gen 4
    Bravo Company AR-15

Sell the crimson trace if you don't use it. You should get some cash back for that, but I would keep both of the guns (especially with the current climate).
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

i would have to agree with the comments above, keep both unless you have to sell one due to financial crisis... i never sell a gun unless it is the last option for cash.

I was in the same predicament, i have a 9mm xd subcompact and a s&w shield in 9mm, i wanted to sell one just to free up or get more funds to purchase something else, but i finally decided to just keep both and go ahead and buy an xds too.

i plan to carry the xd sub compact (more compacity) during the winter times since it is a little harder to conceal than the xds/shield. Summertime will be the shield and xds
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

I'd keep both, and that goes doubly true for any magazines larger than 10 rounds with the specter of a potential ban (unlikely but possible). I faced a similar situation recently when I got my G27 from a friend. She bought it about a year ago and really never shot it much at all, she got a job in NYC so she had to get rid of it and was going to sell it in a pawn shop or consignment. I didn't really need another gun, she basically said I could have it for free, I ended up giving her $400 and a bottle of wine for it. Having another carry gun available is always good, it has become my EDC lately as I have loaned my M&P9c to my girlfriend indefinitely until she buys her own HD gun.

Bottom line: you can never have too many guns!

mpg26.jpg Possible Solution lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links