Picked up a M&P 45C

Picked up a M&P 45C

This is a discussion on Picked up a M&P 45C within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My M&P 45C finially came in yesterday. I got a chance to run a few rounds through it after work. It shoots great and has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Picked up a M&P 45C

Picked up a M&P 45C

My M&P 45C finially came in yesterday. I got a chance to run a few rounds through it after work. It shoots great and has a great fit. I am still in the air between the small and medium back strap. My next two purchases are holster and night sights.

IMG_0372.jpg
    ironmike86 likes this.

nice smitty

Great choice. I picked up an M&P 9C a couple of months ago. Absolutely love it. Ordered the Crossbreed holster for it. Took 7+ weeks to come in but got it yesterday and love it. Definitely worth the wait. Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Great looking pistol! Friend just bought a M&P 40c today. Feels very god in the hands. I bet the 45 ACP will be a great shooter.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I got a 45 C about six months ago. It's a great gun and a very smooth shooter. The small backstrap fits me the best. What kind of holster are you thinking about?

Welcome to the club... I picked mine up a couple of months ago. Recently installed the Apex Hard Sear and Apex Ultimate Striker Block, which gave a modest improvement in trigger pull. Also picked up some 10-round mags and mag extension sleeves. Most recent, and probably the most effective improvement came in the form of Talon grips to give the gun some decent adhesion to the hand. My only complaint about all of my M&P pistols is that the grips are too slippery in the hand. The Talon grips correct this deficiency effectively, quickly, and economically.

Talon Grips For Smith and Wesson

Excellent choice in a compact .45!

The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Re: Picked up a M&P 45C

Congrats on your new aquisition. The 45c is a very smooth shooter and after a few hundred rounds the trigger will smooth out nicely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

I ordered my M&P9c earlier this week. I'm not a patient person so the wait will be hard. I already ordered two holsters for it so I won't have to wait for the holsters once I get my gun. I ordered one from Old Faithful and one from High Noon. Two very different styles so I can see which I like better. Or if one is better for different situations.

But way looking forward to getting my gun. Now I am on a search for ammo. It would be a shame to get the gun and not be able to "play" with it.

Great choice.... Love mine
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Re: Picked up a M&P 45C

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan6 View Post
    Congrats on your new aquisition. The 45c is a very smooth shooter and after a few hundred rounds the trigger will smooth out nicely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    These triggers are not good out of the box but they get decent after shooting. I think too many folks give up on the gun or rush to the Apex. They really do improve with use and from what I've seen the newer ones have a better reset.

Enjoy. I keep thinking of getting a 45 compact for no good reason.

I keep going back and forth between the M&P 45c and Glock 30 SF(or Gen4 Glock 30).

It would make sense to go with the M&P being that I carry my M&P 9c 90% of the time, however I'm having trouble finding an M&P 45c anywhere...that and living in California where I would have to purchase via the Single Shot Exemption and finding an out of state FFL who will ship here :(.

Enjoy your new pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebass View Post
    I keep going back and forth between the M&P 45c and Glock 30 SF(or Gen4 Glock 30).

It would make sense to go with the M&P being that I carry my M&P 9c 90% of the time, however I'm having trouble finding an M&P 45c anywhere...that and living in California where I would have to purchase via the Single Shot Exemption and finding an out of state FFL who will ship.
    I have a M&P45C and a Glock 30. Both great guns, but I definitely much prefer the G30. The G30 is, in my view, the finest carry 45 on the planet. (Yes, I'm a major 1911 lover as I say that.)
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

congratulations! I carry my M&P 9C most of the time and It's been flawless with everything I've run through it.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    I have a M&P45C and a Glock 30. Both great guns, but I definitely much prefer the G30. The G30 is, in my view, the finest carry 45 on the planet. (Yes, I'm a major 1911 lover as I say that.)
    I'd be interested to know in how you carry the G30? IWB or OWB? Do you find the G30 to carry as well as the M&P?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links