Where to start looking? SR9c

This is a discussion on Where to start looking? SR9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I believe I'm in the market for an ruger Sr9c. I am very new to guns and don't know where or how to start looking. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to start looking? SR9c

Where to start looking? SR9c

I believe I'm in the market for an ruger Sr9c.

I am very new to guns and don't know where or how to start looking. A friend of mine told me Budsgunsshop was his go-to place when looking online. Other than that, he usually deals with local guys.

Does anyone have any pointers on where and how to obtain a used or new RUGER SR9C? I live in St. Louis MO.

Is a gunshow a good place to go? this one is going on now
    Saint Louis Weapon Collectors | Promoter Pete Cutelli

2. Remove Ads

SR9c's are pretty affordable guns. If there's a show coming up in your area that's always the best bet but even at retail you should do good on one. Remember if you buy from Bud's your still gonna pay a FFL transfer fee so figure that into what it would cost you when shopping local.

FFL is the (around $20) transfer/pick up fee the gunshop charges me to hold it until i pick it up from them right?

What would be a fair price in this market? all I have seen is 500 used and 550 new. all the rest of the listings are "sold out"

Online is about the worst place to buy a firearm I have always beat there prices locally.
    Check around you can find one or one that is coming in.
    By the way it is a fine 9mm.
    SR9C (1).JPG

When I bought mine new it was only $420 but with recent events I am sure the price has went up. If there is a local gun show going on I would definitely start there.
    Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

That may be the going price for them now with all the craze. I bought mine a couple years ago for $400 brand new. I would try to look at local gun shops. I feel it is best to try and support the local guys. Just my opinion though. They will probably be hard to come by but as was said before they are worth the wait. Best also if you can try to find the gun and ammo because the ammo is really hard to come by now. Like I said I have one and it is a great gun. I use to carry mine all the time. I now carry my SR1911 and my LC9 as a BUG. Let me know if you have any questions about it. I would be glad to help in anyway I can.
    I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime_077 View Post
    That may be the going price for them now with all the craze. I bought mine a couple years ago for $400 brand new. I would try to look at local gun shops. I feel it is best to try and support the local guys. Just my opinion though. They will probably be hard to come by but as was said before they are worth the wait. Best also if you can try to find the gun and ammo because the ammo is really hard to come by now. Like I said I have one and it is a great gun. I use to carry mine all the time. I now carry my SR1911 and my LC9 as a BUG. Let me know if you have any questions about it. I would be glad to help in anyway I can.
    Im all about local as well.

My buddy makes his own ammo. Is it against the GUN GODS to try and buy ammo off guys at this point in time? This guy is a prepper and I feel like I would be asking for one of his children if i wanted to buy ammo off him.

I bought mine for $399 back in January 2012. I think my local shop is asking $439 right now. Therefore, I suggest to buy locally if you can. Gun shows can be iffey. We just bought a Sig SP2022 2 weeks ago at a gun show for $475. This past weekend I saw a dealer selling them for $650. I should have sold mine to him at $600 and made a $125 profit in 2 weeks.
    By the way, the Sig SP2022 is a fine shootin' gun. I think I might like it even better than my SR9c. Maybe.

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    I bought mine for $399 back in January 2012. I think my local shop is asking $439 right now. Therefore, I suggest to buy locally if you can. Gun shows can be iffey. We just bought a Sig SP2022 2 weeks ago at a gun show for $475. This past weekend I saw a dealer selling them for $650. I should have sold mine to him at $600 and made a $125 profit in 2 weeks.
    By the way, the Sig SP2022 is a fine shootin' gun. I think I might like it even better than my SR9c. Maybe.

Ace
    my primary purpose for the purchase is home defense but i would like to carry at a later point in time. it is to my understanding that the sp2022 is not an easy gun to conceal

Quote Originally Posted by skeetsak View Post
    FFL is the (around $20) transfer/pick up fee the gunshop charges me to hold it until i pick it up from them right?

What would be a fair price in this market? all I have seen is 500 used and 550 new. all the rest of the listings are "sold out"
    I paid $419 + tax for my SR40C from my LGS about a month ago...
    -Nick-

Mine: Springfield XD45 Compact
    Hers: Springfield XD40 Subcompact

I wish I could find a SR 40C, not one in sight in the Houston area! No SR9C's either.

Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

If you like the Ruger SR series, you may want to give some thought to the S&W MP compact series as well. At least here in OH they seem to be more readily available. Good luck!

I have bought three Rugers though Gallery of Guns using their Gun Genie including my SR9c. I bought mine back in November before all the crazy stuff and they are out at this time. When you can find the gun you want you order it and it is at my LGS the next day. Since they don't have the SR1911 at the moment I ordered the American in 30-06 instead. www.galleryofguns.com - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of firearms: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns.
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCR 357
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    RMGO Member

Got my SR40c at wholesale sports a while back. $429 I think. I'd go to a big box store, have to be patient though. I went in a couple of times a week until I found mine. I was originally looking for the SR9c, but they got 3 40's in.....couldn't resist...glad I got the 40 too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links