There is a new PONY on the farm!

This is a discussion on There is a new PONY on the farm! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Everyone here that knows me, is familiar with my passion for the Colt 1911. Its actually out of control, err, rampant if you will. Well, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: There is a new PONY on the farm!

Everyone here that knows me, is familiar with my passion for the Colt 1911. Its actually out of control, err, rampant if you will.

Well, I went to Buds Gun Shop and did a little browsing this week. They had all manner of 1911 designs in the display cabinets, but no Colts. After looking at various models, I told the salesmen that it was too bad they didnt have any Colts.
    He kind of looked at me, and said they had a "couple in the back, but they were a little expensive". I said "son, what do I look like to you, chopped liver"? "Hell, bring'em out!"

So, he went and brought out a rather purty but racy Colt in 38 Super called the "Ricardo". Not for me.

But the next case I opened, well I nearly lost my mind. It was the Talo edition Colt Custom Government Model.

Features are, Novak Fiber optic front sight, and Novak wide rear, extended beavertail grip safety with memory bump, extended thumb safety, thin grips, and a National Match barrel.
    I took it. I havent shot it yet, but heres some pics. Sorry about the iphone camera quality. I take it out on the virgin run in the morning.
    But I dont think my Government model likes it very much, lol

Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Sweet machine Mr. glockman! Come on, you can tell us...you're holding it right now, and typing with one hand aren't you? :) Nice!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Congrats on the new 1911! Looks great.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Fondled one a few weeks ago. Nice quality pistol. Congrats
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Nice! I understand your passion for these fine weapons especially the Colts. Enjoy!
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Very nice!

VIP Member
    Fine addition to the stable, congrats.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    But the next case I opened, well I nearly lost my mind. It was the Talo edition Colt Custom Government Model.

I took it.
    G-man ... you didn't, did you? I mean, prices are rough 'n' all, but you did drop the coin for it, right?

Looks like a very nice gun, there. I'll bet it shoots like a dream.

I've been meaning to ask someone: what's "Talo" anyway? Not that you couldn't "burn the midnight oil" with it, too (ie, tallow).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Great looking gun. You'll never be sorry you bought the best. Range report soon?
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

You have very excellent taste in pistols
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Very nice. I have a 1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special. My uncle bought it new in 1950 and I don't believe he EVER shot it. He owned a pawn shop in Houston and just carried on his hip. My cousin (his oldest son) carried it for about another 10 years when he took over the shop from his father. I don't believe he EVER shot it. I got it from my cousin and have put a total of 2 rounds through it. It may very well be the least used .38 in existence.

Congrats on your new "Pony".
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

"...I dont think my Government model likes it very much..."

Don't ya' just hate it when that happens?

Great pistole gman! Sure will be interested in your impressions of its accuracy and opinion of the front/rear sight set-up. What do you think of the trigger so far?

You got me already wanting another Government Model .45...and then I'd like a .38 Super... and even a 9mm.

Can't right away though. I've got a line on an example of an uncommon model of revolver I've wanted to play with that's been near the top of the list for a while. May happen by this time next week.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    G-man ... you didn't, did you? I mean, prices are rough 'n' all, but you did drop the coin for it, right?

Looks like a very nice gun, there. I'll bet it shoots like a dream.

I've been meaning to ask someone: what's "Talo" anyway? Not that you couldn't "burn the midnight oil" with it, too (ie, tallow).

CCW9mm I think the Talos are Hot Hot rounds that tear the living crap out of what they hit. I could be wrong but I think I'm right on The Money.
    WC145 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

That's real nice. Looks like a working mans 1911 should.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links