Bersa Thunder 380?

Bersa Thunder 380?

This is a discussion on Bersa Thunder 380? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is an average price on these NIB? Also, who owns one and what has been your experience? Thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bersa Thunder 380?

Bersa Thunder 380?

What is an average price on these NIB? Also, who owns one and what has been your experience? Thanks
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

According to one measure, GunBroker auction results from recent sales: Thunder 380's seem to be ~$325-360 or so; Thunder UC Pro's are another $100 above that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have a stainless Bersa Thunder 380 CC. It's a great little firearm. I bought mine used for $250. It took me 30 seconds to remove the grip panels and take out the C spring that engages the magazine disconnect safety. Great little shooter, 8+1, and pretty easy to be accurate with considering it has virtually no sights. Rounded no snag design, hammered semi-auto with de-cocker / safety. Can carry it de-cocked on a quarter cock setting and safety off and you're ready to rock and roll. Strips easily for cleaning too.

A buddy of mine has the regular Bersa Thunder 380 and it's a smoother shooter, but a little bigger gun. I also have a Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact 9mm and I LOVE that gun. It's a little heavy relative to some other guns that size, but at 13+1 capacity and all steel internal components, long slide rails, and an alloy metal frame it is built like a tank and a buttery smooth shooter.

All in all, Bersa firearms are well built, reliable, and affordable.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    My edc is a thrunder 380. It has two 7 round mags. I saw a brand NIB a couple of weeks ago for $275. I have had mine for a few years and you can't do better than a bersa thunder. Maybe the BEST gun you can buy.
    pittypat21 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I have a stainless Bersa Thunder 380 CC. It's a great little firearm. I bought mine used for $250. It took me 30 seconds to remove the grip panels and take out the C spring that engages the magazine disconnect safety. Great little shooter, 8+1, and pretty easy to be accurate with considering it has virtually no sights. Rounded no snag design, hammered semi-auto with de-cocker / safety. Can carry it de-cocked on a quarter cock setting and safety off and you're ready to rock and roll. Strips easily for cleaning too.

A buddy of mine has the regular Bersa Thunder 380 and it's a smoother shooter, but a little bigger gun. I also have a Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact 9mm and I LOVE that gun. It's a little heavy relative to some other guns that size, but at 13+1 capacity and all steel internal components, long slide rails, and an alloy metal frame it is built like a tank and a buttery smooth shooter.

All in all, Bersa firearms are well built, reliable, and affordable.
    Yup!
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

They seem to run around $300 at Bud's depending on the version. At one point I really wanted one but now that I have a Bersa BP9CC and a Beretta Nano I don't have much need for a .380.

Distinguished Member
    We shelled out 265 for my wife's Bersa a few years ago. My first reaction to the gun was pretty negative but I trust that particular gun at the shop we were in. We took it home. It just works all the time, it's that simple.

I've divested myself of the caliber but my wife likes the easy recoil so it'll probably stay here for a long time. I'll say this; it's proven itself much more reliable than the P238 ever dreamed of being. So the Bersa is sitting in the drawer right now and the Sig went walk about. I'm finally learning that the label doesn't always tell the whole story about the quality.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    Price on the runs in the $300. range. Great little guns. Accurate, and reliable. The first one I owned was the Thunder 380 DLX, with the extended magazine. Ended up selling it to a friend who needed something for home defense, many years ago. Have the Thunder Bi-tone now. Well worth what you pay for it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

My LGS has 2 of em in matte finish for $319.00
    I have an older version of the Thunder thats all steel ( 383A ) if my experience with it is any indication, you are buying a long time companion that will serve you well and with a dignity that some "bigger name brands" wish they had. There is nothing wrong with a "Blue collar" worker that does its job flawlessly.
    Str8upguy likes this.

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

I have two for my daughters. Both cost approx $275 after tax. Both have been solid and accurate.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    My wifes pick up a bersa 380CC for 250 dollars with the dual finish, The stores thunder is 260 and the 15 shot is higher at 320. My wife and daughter carry a bersa CC as one of there carry pistols both have showed they will shoot everthing tried reliably.

I have 2 of the 380 Thunders 1 is a special run of 10 made for the Importer Eagle. I have #6 . I trust the Bersa as my carry pistol I have given 9mm to my step son and 9mm to a nephew . Next week end my #2 daughter takes her ccw class . She will be shooting my 380 Thunder.
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

Re: Bersa Thunder 380?

I think its a nice little gun for the price. My brother-in-law and several other people I know have had an issue of it bighting their gripping hand somehow when the slide comes back. Ive shot it a bunch with no issues and can't figure out what their problem is.

There's one used in a LGS for $230. Ive considered buying it just because its so cheap.

Bersa Thunder

I have a thunder 45, 380, and 22 all are very reliable and highly recommended!

I paid $269 +tax for my reverse duo-tone Thunder 380 in Sept 2012. Really, there's nothing not to like about this pistol, especially for that price. Obviously, the current insanity is driving prices up on everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links