Kimber KPD? Whats the deal....

This is a discussion on Kimber KPD? Whats the deal.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my friend asked me about the Kimber KPD polymer DAO pistol, and I had to admit defeat. Having never heard of it, i consulted ...

So my friend asked me about the Kimber KPD polymer DAO pistol, and I had to admit defeat. Having never heard of it, i consulted google and could find nothing factory related, except that supposedly Ruger bought the design and made it the SR series. Does anyone know anything about this gun? My friend is interested purchasing one for his kimber collection, but I cant even confirm they actually shipped any of these.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    Never heard of it, but not being a Kimber fan, I don't browse their website, or follow their products. Best bet would have your friend contact Kimber direct and see what the story on the gun is.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Kimber actually had it on their site years ago. I don't think they released it though. It wasn't the greatest looking either.

Vaporware for the most part. Never released commercially on a widespread basis.

HOWEVER - I remember reading a post on some forum a while back - until then, I never knew that a few had trickled out onto store shelves. Someone posted a photo of one they owned.

So, there were at least a few that made it out, apparently. But for whatever reason - its gone....

Links