Help identifying a sig

Help identifying a sig

This is a discussion on Help identifying a sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, I saw a sig in a store a few weeks ago and cannot seem to remember the model number. It was a 9mm ...

Thread: Help identifying a sig

Help identifying a sig

Hey all, I saw a sig in a store a few weeks ago and cannot seem to remember the model number. It was a 9mm a little larger than a 938 but definitely smaller than their full size guns. It had a hammer, and I thought it was a 1911 pattern but cannot be sure. Anyway, it he me like a glove and I passed on it. Should have known better.

Re: Help identifying a sig

p238? Or is that too small?

Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    Hey all, I saw a sig in a store a few weeks ago and cannot seem to remember the model number. It was a 9mm a little larger than a 938 but definitely smaller than their full size guns. It had a hammer, and I thought it was a 1911 pattern but cannot be sure. Anyway, it he me like a glove and I passed on it. Should have known better.
    It could have been the P938 or the P224, both of which shoot the 9mm. Both guns are smaller than the P229 and the P239.

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

Re: Help identifying a sig

I just realized I said 238 which is .380. Meant 239.

P239 is the next gun in the Sig line up from the P938 in 9mm. Sig does have a .380 larger than the P938 called the P230, but if it was definitely 9mm then it would have to be the P239.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    P239 is the next gun in the Sig line up from the P938 in 9mm. Sig does have a .380 larger than the P938 called the P230, but if it was definitely 9mm then it would have to be the P239.

I haven't held one but I THINK the 224 fits in between the 938 and 239... even though it's a double stack. Now I'm curious.

From TFL:

"FWIW the P224 is 6.7"L and 4.5"H vs. 7.1"L and 5.4"H for the P229. The P239 is 6.6"L and 5.1"H; it's slightly shorter than either one end-to-end, whereas the height splits the difference."

Don't forget about the 250 compact. That fits in there somewhere too.

Well. I was definitely bigger than a 938 and 238. It wasn't the 232. It had a metal frame, aluminum I'm sure, and was a single stack. I guess it must not have been a sig. It was about the size of a kahr cw9 which I know we'll. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to browse some more to see if I can find it, but the reason I thought it was a sig was that it had the same pattern of grips that the 938 has.

Oh well, thanks for the suggestions folks.

Sig makes a line of 1911's... maybe you saw a RCS, C3, or compact?

Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    Well. I was definitely bigger than a 938 and 238. It wasn't the 232. It had a metal frame, aluminum I'm sure, and was a single stack. I guess it must not have been a sig. It was about the size of a kahr cw9 which I know we'll. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to browse some more to see if I can find it, but the reason I thought it was a sig was that it had the same pattern of grips that the 938 has.

Oh well, thanks for the suggestions folks.
    The P230 Series does have an aluminum frame. The resemble a Walther PPK.

Sponsored Links