XD 9mm Jamming

This is a discussion on XD 9mm Jamming within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let me begin by making it clear I'm asking an honest question, not questioning the quality or functionality of XD's in any way. Went out ...

Thread: XD 9mm Jamming

XD 9mm Jamming

Let me begin by making it clear I'm asking an honest question, not questioning the quality or functionality of XD's in any way.
    Went out in the west desert yesterday, west of Salt Lake, to shoot and celebrate the warm weather. A friend brought his Springfield Armory XD 9mm, the full size version. I had my Glock 26, Remington R1, S&W 642, and S&W Shield 9mm. Our 9mm ammo was all the same, Win. white box 115gr. FMJ. First of all neither my friend nor I are what you may call XD aficionado's. He'd bought the gun new and had shot it at an indoor range before but I'd never shot one. Anyway, about every 4th or 5th round it would fail to eject, the round stuck sideways in the ejection port. It looked dry to me so I took the slide off (XD disassembly sort of explains itself) and lightly oiled the slide and frame contact points. The gun still jammed at the same rate. There were no malfunctions with the G26 or Shield so I'm not blaming the ammo. Any ideas?

2. Remove Ads

That could be caused by limp wristing while firing or perhaps a bad magazine. Did your friend have any issues with it when he shot it at the indoor range? Did you try it with different magazines?
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    That could be caused by limp wristing while firing or perhaps a bad magazine. Did your friend have any issues with it when he shot it at the indoor range? Did you try it with different magazines?
    What he said.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

As far as limp wristing we both fired the XD with the same results (multiple FTE's), and we both fired the G26, Shield and R1 with the same results (no issues). The XD had two magazines but we only used one, we should have thought to test the other. Thanks for that.

Links