Are you 'squared-away' in arms and ammo for USA of 2014, 2015 and beyond? - Page 7

Are you 'squared-away' in arms and ammo for USA of 2014, 2015 and beyond?

This is a discussion on Are you 'squared-away' in arms and ammo for USA of 2014, 2015 and beyond? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GunsAndViolince My comment was more generally directed at the many posts that seemed to indicate that frantic hoarding was our only hope ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Are you 'squared-away' in arms and ammo for USA of 2014, 2015 and beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by GunsAndViolince View Post
    My comment was more generally directed at the many posts that seemed to indicate that frantic hoarding was our only hope. As has been noted, if there are those who are not prepared at this point, a much better use of their time would be to become active politically, rather than squander their efforts on a futile search for the unobtainable. That way we all win in the long run.
    Guns and ViolInce... I have not seen "the many posts about frantic hoarding", that you have.

I do think that for those who haven't made any steps toward becoming more "squared-away".... those who WISH to become more "squared-away", and are able to do so, that they should be making steady efforts in that direction, instead of perpetually putting the effort off, as some who I know have been inclined to do for quite some time now. There are some folks who are close to me, who have procrastinated for several years, despite my frequent nudges to take steps toward getting squared-away. Now they are feeling a bit sheepish and remorseful at not having done so before now. Certainly, you can say that prices are "too high now for ammo and guns", and put it off again for some time in the future. So be it. I think it's time for me to go mute about it and just let those be, that need to be let be.

The gun shop shelves have become better stocked with firearms, at least, recently. And I don't think that firearms prices are likely to be any lower in months and years to come.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Well, it could be worse, I could have NOTHING! I got started late in 2011 and times have been very tough these last 5 years of Bozo leadership (or the lack of it). I have not had much disposable income for any reason, but by buying ammo one box at a time I managed to get a minimal supply built up without the wife noticing. I can protect my family, but my desired weekly practice session is out of the question for now. I have not been able to find any ammo to practice with for several months! I also started my AR build at the worst possible time, but at least I have a receiver to work on when parts every become available again. Now if I could just save enough money for that baby Glock I have been drooling over......

I have been shooting shotgun almost exclusively, every other day or so, for the last two months. Sporting clays, to be precise. (Such fun!) Hardly the kind of firearms fodder that people are apparently now hoarding vociferously.

I haven't been shopping for pistol ammo in the last six weeks or so. In early February, I could find sufficient 45acp target ammo here in Arizona for my practice needs, but not much in 9.

From the sounds of it, there isn't ANY 9, 40, or 45 to be found anywhere in the USA at present??? THAT sucks.

I think that in the weeks and months to come, 9, 40, and 45 are likely to become more available and that would be a good time for those who want to become more squared-away, and can afford to do it, to begin to do so. :-)

Tin foil hatters, nay-sayers, in-be-tweeners, skeptics, hoarders, doubters, preppers, antis, et al... carry on, dudes! Life is good!
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Some things have no sooner hit the shelves and they are bought by the first one who sees it of late. But at least stuff is showing up.

Some things are over priced at places and reasonably priced at others. But it seems that if someone has the money and prices be damned; they see it, and want it, they get it!!!

Stock was bought out, prices with ah cow jumped over the moon, stock trickled in, the prices were apexing the moon, now stock is flowing a little bit better and starting to returning, and prices are slowly drifting down from the moon.

So many people stocked up at the high prices, and enough feel they have enough for now or are cash-strapped from the sticker shock, so prices have to drop at sometime; to stimulate those that waited it out to return to the retailer’s cash-registers to keep their doors open.

Case in point; P-mags were $12. Then jumped to $63./+ overnight, they all dried up, they started to return and the price went up too $84./+ Now at the same place that was selling them over the past couple months for $80./+ now has um for $35. Same with ammo. 223/5.56 went from $.27 a round up to $1.49 a round, 22LR went from $.06 a round to $1.12 a round. Though, if you could or can find it at WW it is $.38 a round and $.08 a round respectfully, and has been since this OB-Care all started. But too bad WW has been in the faucets-dripping supply-mode for a while.

Another problem all of this got-ah-have-it has caused is that now; you are being limited as too how many ammo boxes at ah time you can buy so everyone will have some opportunity to get a taste.

So firearms, their accessories, and their food are starting to come back into stock and return too reality pricing again. Though it may be a trickle it is starting to show again.

So stuff is slowly starting to become available again. Prices are coming down to where they should be. Those that were pacified enough with what they had during this shock-wave or bought smart, and didn’t panic or buy just because they had the bucks to do so. Will be glad they waited because prices are dropping on what is becoming available; again.

so same ol’ story same ol’ song & dance bout; what go’s round….comes round…..& then: "go’s a-round the outside again"

If the SHTF, people who are hoarding food, who have bunkers and tons of gasoline, etc are only going to become targets for the BG's. Forming a group will be the utmose important thing to do, not be isolated and try to ride out the **** storm because once you come out of that bunker and you're faced to battle hardened killers who have had tons of practice, you aren't going to stand a chance even with your stash of 10,000 rnds of ammo of each caliber and 50million mre's. All thats going to do is help out the people when they take you out.

I think the only important thing is to hoard ammo and guns, and a decent amount of food.....the rest can be scavenged by the people who abandoned their homes, etc. This is just saying it ever happens, I highly doubt it will happen on this scale..... but you never know.

the only thing I am lacking is ammo, I think 2k more rounds of 9mm, 2k more 45, and about 5-10k of .22lr would set me up good for awhile. The rest can be found if SHTF.

Did anyone notice that the Assault Weapons ban got denied a vote this month....Yes it's losing steam. They will vote on it supposedly in April and then we can really put the POS to sleep... almost over this time .
    mossyoak likes this.

Every chance I get I get ammo for my .45 .40 and the wifes .380. One can't have too much ammo
    GhostMaker likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    If I were in a position to force something on the people, I would count on their thinking it's like we have seen before, it will pass. And while their gaurd is down. People are very predictable. Don't be fooled by that trap.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevX View Post
    If the SHTF, people who are hoarding food, who have bunkers and tons of gasoline, etc are only going to become targets for the BG's. Forming a group will be the utmose important thing to do, not be isolated and try to ride out the **** storm because once you come out of that bunker and you're faced to battle hardened killers who have had tons of practice, you aren't going to stand a chance even with your stash of 10,000 rnds of ammo of each caliber and 50million mre's. All thats going to do is help out the people when they take you out.

I think the only important thing is to hoard ammo and guns, and a decent amount of food.....the rest can be scavenged by the people who abandoned their homes, etc. This is just saying it ever happens, I highly doubt it will happen on this scale.....but you never know.

the only thing I am lacking is ammo, I think 2k more rounds of 9mm, 2k more 45, and about 5-10k of .22lr would set me up good for awhile. The rest can be found if SHTF.
    That^^^^is not called "scavenged".

What you are saying is that if times got really tough, you would go into people's homes when they are not there for the specific purpose of taking their stuff...taking another's property without their permission. When someone decides to seek refuge in a safer location it does not automatically give you the right to take their property that they had to temporarily leave behind.

scavenge ~ to take or gather from discarded material

steal ~ to take another's property without permission or right
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    That^^^^is not called "scavenged".

What you are saying is that if times got really tough, you would go into people's homes when they are not there for the specific purpose of taking their stuff...taking another's property without their permission. When someone decides to seek refuge in a safer location it does not automatically give you the right to take their property that they had to temporarily leave behind.

scavenge ~ to take or gather from discarded material

steal ~ to take another's property without permission or right
    If there is no rule of law and people are abandoning their homes, it is technically discarded materials. I wouldn't forcibly take anyone's property. What you read from that is your own issue, not mine.

Sent from my iPhone 4S on AT&T 4G using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    Ammo is definitely an issue these days. In my opinion that is how the government in ultimately going to "disarm" the armed citizen. By controlling the amount of ammo available. Without ammo all we have are very expensive clubs.

I check the local gunstores and Wal Marts in my area on a regular basis and occasionally will find a few boxes of what I am looking for, but not nearly enough for a reasonable amount of practice with enough left over if a worst case scenario occurs.

I think about it, but don't obsess over it.
    I said the same thing to my wife after looking at empty shelves at walmart today. Gov stops ammo production and turns our weapons into useless chunks of iron.I refuse to buy one box of ammo at these stupid prices due to all the ignorant hoarders out there creating the problem,not helping it.

And this is exactly why no one, including myself, can find common ammo... Where Has All The Ammo Gone? Lemur For Trade

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevX View Post
    If there is no rule of law and people are abandoning their homes, it is technically discarded materials. I wouldn't forcibly take anyone's property. What you read from that is your own issue, not mine.

Sent from my iPhone 4S on AT&T 4G using Tapatalk.
    I never said anything about "forcibly" taking anyone's property.

I said, "taking another's property without their permission."

It is not "technically discarded materials."

Just because there is no one there to prevent you from taking the other person's property or penalties to be enforced for taking the other person's property, it doesn't give you the right to take it. The property is not discarded and the ownership is not relinquished...the property is just not currently with the owner. They did not discard it...They did not cast it aside or dispose of it or get rid of it...They left their property in their house or on their land and they went someplace else.

If you cannot grasp the difference, we will have to agree to disagree.

And if a situation like you described ever does become a reality, it might be wise to conduct your "scavenging" amongst your own community because other communities might not take too kindly to having their community member's property "scavenged".
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I never said anything about "forcibly" taking anyone's property.

I said, "taking another's property without their permission."

It is not "technically discarded materials."

Just because there is no one there to prevent you from taking the other person's property or penalties to be enforced for taking the other person's property, it doesn't give you the right to take it. The property is not discarded and the ownership is not relinquished...the property is just not currently with the owner. They did not discard it...They did not cast it aside or dispose of it or get rid of it...They left their property in their house or on their land and they went someplace else.

If you cannot grasp the difference, we will have to agree to disagree.

And if a situation like you described ever does become a reality, it might be wise to conduct your "scavenging" amongst your own community because other communities might not take too kindly to having their community member's property "scavenged".
    i'll agree to disagree with ya. It would highly depend on the scenario and how it played out. My personal choices are just that....nothing more.

sent from my toilet running on 4g.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    And this is exactly why no one, including myself, can find common ammo... Where Has All The Ammo Gone? Lemur For Trade
    Some buyers are buying in such ways, yes.

But there are also many, many more first-time buyers in the market than this time last year, each of whom needs to acquire ammo starting from scratch. All the rest of us generally have at least some ammo in the bag.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links