Range Report G27 and Others

This is a discussion on Range Report G27 and Others within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took advantage of the great weather today (70s, sunny) to head out to the outdoor range and do some shooting. Took my newish G27gen4, M&P40 ...

Thread: Range Report G27 and Others

Range Report G27 and Others

Took advantage of the great weather today (70s, sunny) to head out to the outdoor range and do some shooting. Took my newish G27gen4, M&P40 Pro and Kel Tec PF9. Shot the PF9 just for 25 rounds to maintain confidence, not a fun gun to shoot much, the M&P40 50 rounds at 7 and 15 yards to maintain proficiency since that's my HD gun. The G27 was my main focus since I only have a few hundred rounds through it. I had planned to shoot 100 rounds of WWB but that went up to 150 after I found .40 at a local sporting goods store on the way and got 3 boxes.

This was my first time shooting 165gr ammo out of a G27, to other users: do you find that this is noticeably snappier feeling as I did compared to 180gr? The 180gr even in the short and light G27 really isn't bad on recoil. the 165gr really had quite a pop to it though. Another question, I recently was able to acquire two 13 round G23 magazines, I want to get some sort of grip spacer for them, what is the recommended choice?

All in all a good day, had no malfunctions except 1 FTE on the PF9 but that isn't unusual and I'm not concerned with 1 out of 25.

2. Remove Ads

Nice! I keep hearing about the PF9 being miserable to shoot..... Mine was a hoot to shoot with +P's??
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Nice! I keep hearing about the PF9 being miserable to shoot..... Mine was a hoot to shoot with +P's??
    It isn't bad too shoot on a small scale, but after about 50 rounds it gets to you. I was shooting the Winchester NATO spec rounds that are like semi +P loads, I was chatting with the man next to me who had his P11 and he was saying that he could feel a lot of blast from it compared to the other guns around. When my PF9 was new I shot 150 rounds in a session, I had blisters on my index finger and palm and my wrist was sore for like 3 days. My PF9 is modded in several ways including a Hogue grip and a 20lb recoil spring instead of the 16lb standard.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I have used the A&G spacers and have seen the XGrip. There are probably others that work just as well. I have also used 22 & 23 magazines without the spacers and things worked fine. The subcompact Glocks are great little pistols.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Links