Got my Glock 23 Compensated!

This is a discussion on Got my Glock 23 Compensated! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked it up and installed a bunch of cool add ons I'd already bought. Installed a Ghost Edge connector, Lone Wolf stainless steel RSA, Talon ...

Thread: Got my Glock 23 Compensated!

Got my Glock 23 Compensated!

Picked it up and installed a bunch of cool add ons I'd already bought.

Installed a Ghost Edge connector, Lone Wolf stainless steel RSA, Talon grips, chrome package, grip plug, nail polished the engraving, XS Big Dot sights and an OEM extended mag release.

I can't believe how well this pistol shot! So much easier to control than my old XDM 4.5 40! Virtually no muzzle jump!
    I shot a few 155 Rem JHP that didn't even raise the muzzle! Wow!!
    The Ghost Edge is AWESOME! I'll be getting one for my 27!

I shot a few from the retention position, AND to the haters, I survived any horrific muzzle flash injuries! AMAZING!

I did get a little smudge of black on the edge of my sight. Oh well! Not an issue!

I didn't test the low light blinding muzzle flash farse. Hopefully next week I will.

Overall it highly recommend this especially if your a new shooter or have bad wrists or hands.

In God and Glock we Trust
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Cool, that's quite a set of mods. As for the compensation, did you buy a slide and barrel from a 23C or did you have yours modified?

I'm kind of surprised that S&W haven't made a compensated M&P in the Pro Series line.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Looks very good. I really like the XS Big Dot sights. BTW, what kind of holster is that?
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Re: Got my Glock 23 Compensated!

I bought the factory C model.
    After shooting this I don't see a reason not to buy a C. I'm still in shock at the ease of shooting this! I love the 40! But it's usually snappy by nature!

I use a thumb forward grip and stance and had virtually no muzzle jump! Like a light 9mm to a 22!

Yeah that's a long list of mods but it's all something functional. Even the chrome. I know the connectors are controversial but I'm not worried about lawyers, especially self proclaimed forum lawyers. I'm concerned about accurate double taps.

I really love the Talon grips! On my 27 I use a Pacmyer to soak up recoil but on a larger C gun there's no need for comfort. I also bought extra scrap for the slide for press checks and the frame for my off hand thumb. I didn't use the sand paper style because I've heard they are too rough.

The XS sights are amazing!! My eyes with contacts can't focus on traditional sights. That mid point of between near and far is hazey. I noticed that I had to keep the dot higher on the post or I'd hit low. I but for a fighting sight, I like them! Easy to install!
    I wish the front sight was bigger when it glowed. It's actually very small compared to the size of the sight.

It's a Galco FLETCH. It's my first leather holster. You need to break these in. I didn't know this. I couldn't even snap the thing closed at first let alone draw it. I've since been breaking it in while watching TV. Very high quality!

In God and Glock we Trust

Links