Beretta nano has it got better?

This is a discussion on Beretta nano has it got better? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there was a problem with it fte. Was wondering if its been fixed. I've seen both sides of the story online but don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta nano has it got better?

I know there was a problem with it fte. Was wondering if its been fixed. I've seen both sides of the story online but don't know anyone that owns one personally. My wife like it because is ambidextrous. She is left handed so no slide release is a plus for her.

2. Remove Ads

The issue was reported by only a small number of people multiple times, thus skewing results. I, and many other Nano owners never had an issue.

Buy it, you'll be happy.

Not a single bobble out of mine.... Took it out of the box and started shooting it. Wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I have one of the first 1,000 nano's built. Never had an issue.

Last year (in early 2012) Beretta said that they had about 40 returned for service out of the first 5,000 built.

Now they have made and sold over 50,000 according to serial numbers and I have almost no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    I have almost no issues.
    Almost? What issues are you encountering?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

My Nano has been terrific so far.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Almost? What issues are you encountering?
    I meant to say I hear of almost no issues.

There is still the occasional failure to extract, but they are few and far between. They are usuaully corrected by using a heavier grain 9mm for the first 200 rounds or so.

I have had no issues with mine. I shot 9mm nato rounds for the first 200 and then my sd rounds and have not had any FTE's.

I have purchased my nano 1-20-13 it was manufactured in January 2013. i have put about 600 rounds through it and NO errors with the pistol. all the loads are my hand reloads. the gun is very accurate once you get used to the trigger. also the glock type safety trigger is nice for conceal carry! i carry it iwb in the small of my back, daily. i will recommend one upgrade that i found a must have is the sandpaper type grip from talongungrips.com , unless you get the extended magazines. i like the gun better then my new sig p238....

Just My Two Cents!

Zero issues with my Nano... thousands of rounds mostly 124gr, great little gun.

At the beginning my only problem was finding accessories for it... (in my case ext mags).

If you are shooting low weight, low quality target ammo them yes.....you may run into occasional FTE issues. If you use high quality, JHP ammo the gun will be flawless. Since this is my EDC and I carry it with Hornady critical duty,that is what I care if it is reliable with. After 200+ and no issues, I am 100% confident in it. That was my long winded way of saying the FTE issues with the early models were almost exclusively tied to light, cheap target ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlindMan View Post
    i will recommend one upgrade that i found a must have is the sandpaper type grip from talongungrips.com , unless you get the extended magazines. i like the gun better then my new sig p238....

Just My Two Cents!
    That reminds me- I completely forgot that I had a set of Talon Grips in the granular. Bought them before I got the Nano and liked it stock so much I never put them on. But I should stick 'em on and give them a try.

A guy had one new one in my last CWP class & it was a sweet shooter! It ran 100%!
    G17,G19C,G21,G22c,G22RTF2/Gills,G26,G31,G32
    Colt Python 6'' .357mag & 4'' Trooper

NRA Pistol Instructor
    SC CWP Instructor

I have only had mine out once so far. I put 125 rounds of Fiocchi ammo through it and a few rounds of Speer Lawman, both 115gr fmj, and had no issues. I like this thing. The little sucker is pretty accurate. Next trip out I'll be using some AE 147's and some S&B 115's. I don't suspect I'll have any issue with them at all. After I have about 500 rounds through it, I'm going to step down to the WWB 115's and we'll see how it goes. I'm not anticipating any issues though.

No problems here :) love the Nano

I haven't had any problems with my Nano. 175 rds. of "low-grade," meaning non-premium, ammo with zero FTE's. I opted for the "rubber" talon grips because the checking on the backstrap dug into my fatty lovehandles. It rides in a Theis IWB tuckable, which I don't love too much and my sell. I got a PJ Holster on the way, so I'll see what the minimalist type holster feels like. I bought mine Feb. 2013; it came it with a 6 rd. mag and an 8rd. mag, which I hated, hated. I sold the 8rd mag on ebay, bought a 6rd mag to replace it, and had money left for the talon rubber grips. I'll add the trijicon night sights from Beretta when they are re-stocked, but otherwise, that's it for mods. May start shooting IDPA with it in a couple few months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links