Thinking of getting a Desert Eagle

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting a Desert Eagle within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking at a desert eagle mr40 eagle. Does any one have any thoughts on this gun good or bad....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Thinking of getting a Desert Eagle

Thinking of getting a Desert Eagle

I'm looking at a desert eagle mr40 eagle. Does any one have any thoughts on this gun good or bad.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I’ve handled a couple, not for me, the grip feels so big it’s like grabbing onto a fence post.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Id like to have a desert eagle if they wernt so danged expensive. If I were to get one it would have to be the 50a.e. caliber.

It comes with 3 differant sized back straps.

This is the baby eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Id like to have a desert eagle if they wernt so danged expensive. If I were to get one it would have to be the 50a.e. caliber.
    ...and if ammo wasn't $2.50-$3 per round.

Well what (if any) other guns do you own? Anything in the Eagle family is pretty obscure, it is not a first, second, or fifth gun. Magazines and parts are hard to come by.

Take a look at CZs, especially the CZ75. The Baby Eagles are based on them, anyway.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I think desert eagles are ghastlyt looking but if it is what you want go for it
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Talked it over with the wife and I'm not going to get the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHoss View Post
    Good, get a Glock or an M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHoss View Post

I have desert eagle 50AE and no problem shooting it. I love the gun and the looks I get at the range. I can only handle 10-15 shoots out of it at a time. I love letting other people shoot it too .. Love it.

one of favorite range stories that happened in Houston, Texas years ago.

I was shooting at an outdoor range in West Houston one Saturday, and a guy pulls up in a some very expensive Italian Sports car like a Ferrari or Maserati.
    Naturally, all of us clunker drivers were impressed and stopped to watch a very large Mexican Gentleman get out of his car with his range bag. He unveiled
    a beautiful gold plated Desert Eagle. The gun was as big as he was....not sure of the caliber...44Magnum from way it sounded. Anyway, the guy loads up
    a couple of mags and was strutting around like a Peacock during mating season. We all waited in anticipation to see how Mr. Macho could shoot, and he knew
    we were watching. He took forever to get his target down range and then proceeded to empty two full mags into the berm.....and not once did he come close
    to the target. Needless to say we were all rolling on the ground laughing at this clown as his grip, and gun control was hidious and the results of his shooting session
    were just as bad. He brought his target back to the bench and in his shame quickly realized that not one round had contacted the target....packed up his stuff and
    jumped back in his $100,000 sports car and peeled out while flipping all of us off in his retreat.

...moral of the story? You can buy a Desert Eagle, but it won't turn you into Arnold the Terminator.
    msgt/ret and gunfan like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    one of favorite range stories that happened in Houston, Texas years ago.

I was shooting at an outdoor range in West Houston one Saturday, and a guy pulls up in a some very expensive Italian Sports car like a Ferrari or Maserati.
    Naturally, all of us clunker drivers were impressed and stopped to watch a very large Mexican Gentleman get out of his car with his range bag. He unveiled
    a beautiful gold plated Desert Eagle. The gun was as big as he was....not sure of the caliber...44Magnum from way it sounded. Anyway, the guy loads up
    a couple of mags and was strutting around like a Peacock during mating season. We all waited in anticipation to see how Mr. Macho could shoot, and he knew
    we were watching. He took forever to get his target down range and then proceeded to empty two full mags into the berm.....and not once did he come close
    to the target. Needless to say we were all rolling on the ground laughing at this clown as his grip, and gun control was hidious and the results of his shooting session
    were just as bad. He brought his target back to the bench and in his shame quickly realized that not one round had contacted the target....packed up his stuff and
    jumped back in his $100,000 sports car and peeled out while flipping all of us off in his retreat.

...moral of the story? You can buy a Desert Eagle, but it won't turn you into Arnold the Terminator.
    Paging Los Zetas...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links