Help please, how much are these two guns worth?

This is a discussion on Help please, how much are these two guns worth? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd appreciate your help valuing these two guns: 1. S&W model 60-3 .38 special 2" revolver. Wood grips, 5 shot wheel gun. It's used but ...

Thread: Help please, how much are these two guns worth?

Help please, how much are these two guns worth?

I'd appreciate your help valuing these two guns:

1. S&W model 60-3 .38 special 2" revolver. Wood grips, 5 shot wheel gun. It's used but in excellent condition. Stainless steel body.

2. Glock gen 2 model 22 .40 caliber. Has two 10 round mags. No rust anywhere but the finish seems to be more dull than my gen 3 model 23. Also, this model 22 has the Safari Club International logo on the slide...not sure if that makes it worth more, or less lol.

Both guns were guns I inherited and I'm looking to sell or trade. If anyone knew one or both of those numbers it would be great. I have researched Gunbroker and Armslist and can't find the S&W model and the few Gen 2 model 22s I could find are priced all over the map. I'd like to know if I'm being offered a fair trade in amount, or I'd like to sell for the appropriate $ to a private buyer.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    About a year ago I paid $300 for a very nice Model 60.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

...in the current market...the blued Model 36 in 85% shape is selling here for $450-$500...pre-lock...I'd value the Model 60 at $500-550 if in excellent shape and pre-lock...other parts of the country may be higher...supply/demand/current scarcity of good defense weapons have driven prices up...can't help you on the G22...

...gotta beg you to keep the M60...it'll serve generations well...hard to find one lately...

VIP Member
    Trex33, check your PM's. Incoming in about 5.

Dont know about the smith, but the IMO, based on local market to me, I would say the glock would be around $300 - $350. I dont pay attention to to the grossly inflated market btw
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Trex33 View Post
    It's used but in excellent condition.
    Made me
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Administrator
    Remember that with regard to used firearms the actual dollar value is usually determined in the 5% preceding 100% New/Pristine/Unfired.

And what is considered to be "Excellent" condition to the seller is almost never the same "Excellent" condition to the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Remember that with regard to used firearms the actual dollar value is usually determined in the 5% preceding 100% New/Pristine/Unfired.

And what is considered to be "Excellent" condition to the seller is almost never the same "Excellent" condition to the buyer.
    Great point, thank you for that point. I may take them to a few places to get either offers to buy/trade to get an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Made me
    Lol! Ok, let me clarify. The gun was my dad's, who was a serious collector of guns. He owned many guns that he bought, took to the range once, and then they sat in his gun safe. This gun has been to the range more than once, but it's spent the majority of its time in a safe. As another poster pointed out my "excellent" condition may not be truly "excellent" condition in the market.

Keep the S&W 60.

Administrator
    This should help you out in making an accurate condition determination.
    NRA Condition Standards for rating firearms

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Unless you are really hurting for the money I would not sell either of those for a truck load of money.

Well, okay, a toy truck load maybe. A 10 ton dump full of money would speak to me. But I'd seriously consider keeping them.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

You should do what I did: buy a copy of " Blue book of Gun Values." It will tell you all you need to know about the value of guns from "A" to "Z."
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Keep the 60 (probably worth around 450-500), sell the glock (300-400). Just my opinion on what to do.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Pro

Links