I love my taurus

This is a discussion on I love my taurus within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a Taurus Model 85, .38 special, 2", stainless steel and it has been a great gun. Never a single problem with it. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I love my taurus

I love my taurus

I've got a Taurus Model 85, .38 special, 2", stainless steel and it has been a great gun. Never a single problem with it.

I shot it in a IDPA "BUG" match last weekend and took 5th place. There were two other revolvers there, a S&W 442 and a S&W Performance Center J-frame. The rest of the guys were shooting compact 1911s, M&Ps and XDs.

I was pretty happy to place where I did, especially considering I was shooting "the worst gun" there!

2. Remove Ads

Taurusarmed.net

Go there before before the flame fullisade hits you.
    Taurahe likes this.

It's cold here in the basement,,,,,, I need the heat!

my Rossi 462 .357 Magnum is now made by Taurus. Accurate, reliable and have never had an issue.
    At 26 oz, it handles full charge magnums with ease.

....yes, I know, its junk and should throw it away.....but it works.

Congrats on the IDPA match.....that's some stiff competition
    tommy62 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I don't care what is stamped on the side, if YOU like it and it works for YOU then more power to you. Personally, I tried Taurus and I don't trust them any more after the issues I have had. If yours has worked perfect for you then that's awesome!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I'm sure many Taurus firearms are great, but my one example piece, a 709 Slim, was the worst firearm I ever owned. Glad you like yours though!
    NRA Member
    NRA Basic Pistol Instructor (CCW)

"Learn from experience, it can save your life."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I don't care what is stamped on the side, if YOU like it and it works for YOU then more power to you. Personally, I tried Taurus and I don't trust them any more after the issues I have had. If yours has worked perfect for you then that's awesome!
    Yup, I totally agree (on the personal preference part). If you like it, you trust it and it works well for you then you get nothing but the double thumbs up from me. I have a 20 year old Taurus 92 that's never been anything other than a rock solid performer.
    PEF and crossfireltd like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    I had a Taurus .357 4 inch barrel that I had for 15years with no issues. I sold it to a friend about 3 years ago because he wanted to get into guns.I wish I never sold itHe turned around a year later and sold it to his daughters boyfriend. It was a decent gun I should of just kept.

I've never owned a Taurus, but I agree with what was said above. Doesn't matter what's stamped on it, as long as it works for you and you're happy.

Oh, and congrats on your 5th.

So glad this was not another Taurus " bash." My 709 Slim is a great gun--- for me. Some guns good, some guns bad: and this goes for some models of the same brand of guns! Reminds me that a friend once had a sleek Jag sports car and it was a piece of junk.On the other hand, my son had a Ford Pinto and it took him where he wanted to go with no trouble!
    Last edited by Philly Boy; March 21st, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    So glad this was not another Taurus " bash." My 709 Slim is a great gun--- for me. Some guns good, some guns bad: and this goes for some models of the same brand of guns! Reminds me that a friend once had a sleek Jag sports car and it was a pice of junk.On the other hand, my son had a Ford Pinto and it took him where he wanted to go with no trouble!
    My first Taurus is the PT 709 Slim (pictured in my avatar) Like others, heard the horror stories but mine out of the box with good Winchester and Tula-cheap ammo fired flawlessly for the near 70+ rounds I was able to fire that day. I like the Taurus and like others say to the OP, if you like it, and it works for you, then that is good.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I traded my Taurus in on a Malibu and never looked back.

Huh? Never mind...
    JD likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My first pistol was a Taurus, I sold it cheap and bought a Sig. From experience I see Taurus as a risky buy, with a higher chance of getting a lemon than Glock, Sig, S&W, and Ruger. When it comes to firearms I don't believe in taking risks, so I would never purchase a Taurus ever again.

That's not to say they haven't built a few guns that will run without a flaw, I wish I got one of those guns but it was not meant to be. Congrats on your shooting, as long as its reliable and you can put the holes where you want then its the right gun for you.

My personal experienced with Taurus was a few steps short of mind numbinly horrible, but if your works and you like it, enjoy it for many years to come
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Taurusarmed.net

Go there before before the flame fullisade hits you.
    Ha ha, that's great!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links