Love my Kahr CM9, but I do have one gripe...

This is a discussion on Love my Kahr CM9, but I do have one gripe... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I bought a Kahr CM9 for EDC pocket/IWB carry and really like it. After a week it disappeared into my pockets, and I love ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Trex33

Thread: Love my Kahr CM9, but I do have one gripe...

Love my Kahr CM9, but I do have one gripe...

So I bought a Kahr CM9 for EDC pocket/IWB carry and really like it. After a week it disappeared into my pockets, and I love the trigger and short range accuracy. However, I do have one gripe: how the magazine doesn't fit flush with the grip. I know that's been brought up here before, but to me it was at first just an appearance issue. I have since gotten over the appearance of it because the gun just shoots great and fits my needs. Yes,I wish it fit flush for looks, but now I gripe for a different reason: it's rubbing my pinky finger badly while shooting. Yes this a "range issue", ie it only happens after two or three magazines run thought it, but it does happen. Anyone else out there have the same issue, and found some way to overcome it? I've tried several grips but it always seems to get me. I'm hoping for some Pierce extension that would cover just the end of the magazine.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Had several PM9's, myself. Every one of them had a bit of a gap between the base of the frame and the magazine floorplate. Watch "the pinch" while doing a combat reload (swapping in a new mag), if you haven't experienced it yet. Not as bad as hammer bite, but it'll wake you up. Never did have any bad "rubbing" on my hands. Had the standard Kahr floorplates as well as the pinkie-extension Pierce plates. Other than "the pinch," I wouldn't be too concerned with it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    I have a Kahr PM9 and I have never had any sort of rubbing issue with it. Granted, I have only owned it for about 4 months and subsequently, I don't get to put more than 100 to 150 rounds through it at a time... damn ammo shortage! I would continue trying to alter your grip.

Oh, I also agree with the comment about the magazine floor plate; it doesn't look as good, but it doesn't really bother me.

I was thinking maybe having like the lower inch of my kahr mags dura coated in flat black. I think it would make the gun look a world better and make the small gap almost disappear

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    3 years with my cm9 and never noticed any wear on me or bite as some say they get. I see some use a small o-ring to fill the gap. You could also buy a standard 7 or 8 round mag as a back up and swap the plastic mag base to the stock mag. File off the front edge and rest your finger on it. It fits tightly against the grip frame. had to go grab mine to check . My pinky sit under the stock mag not against a edge.

I usually end up using the 7 rounders with the extension on at the range. So that hasn't been an issue.

as long as this end is not messed up, I have no issues with the non-flush fitting mags.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by oppi27 View Post
    I usually end up using the 7 rounders with the extension on at the range. So that hasn't been an issue.
    This.................or wear a shooting glove at the range !!!!

The 7-rounders do make a difference in shooting. Reduced chance of "pinch," too, at least in my experience. Nice to have the extra grip, though it does impact concealability a bit.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a solid IWB for the PM/CM9?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOhioan View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a solid IWB for the PM/CM9?
    I really like my High Noon Bare Assets. Have them for my CM9, CW45, and Sig P232. Very reasonable.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    as long as this end is not messed up, I have no issues with the non-flush fitting mags.

Lol, I'm with you! It's just a gripe, the gun overall is fantastic!
    zonker1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The 7-rounders do make a difference in shooting. Reduced chance of "pinch," too, at least in my experience. Nice to have the extra grip, though it does impact concealability a bit.
    Good point, and I do have a seven round magazine as well. Obviously it eliminates the problem. Now that I look at the magazine more closely it's the side, towards the back, that seems to be sharp and not rounded like the front part of the mag. I pay just put a little tape on my pinky next time to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Trex33 View Post
    Lol, I'm with you! It's just a gripe, the gun overall is fantastic!
    yeah, I'd put that on a list of things "If Kahr could change one thing about their guns".
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Links