New S&W 9C goes South

New S&W 9C goes South

This is a discussion on New S&W 9C goes South within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well it happened to me too. New S&W 9C ejects brass to the face or falls straight to the ground. Another pile rounds were stacked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New S&W 9C goes South

Well it happened to me too. New S&W 9C ejects brass to the face or falls straight to the ground. Another pile rounds were stacked neatly next to my right arm that was resting on the firing bench. I had my friend put a full magazine thru and he had the same result. Sucks this happens with a new weapon but I'll find out for myself how customer service is at Smith & Wesson.

Its a bummer that it ejects brass into your face. Ive had other guns do that but my 9c ejects them almost perfectly to the right about five feet. I could almost just pick em up where they land. S&W customer service is supposed to be top notch. Hope they take care of you quick.

I sent mine back to S&W for the exact same issue. I should be getting it back around middle of next week.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JT353 View Post
    I sent mine back to S&W for the exact same issue. I should be getting it back around middle of next week.

When did you send it in? It stinks having to send a new gun back to the factory.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

The OP says it sucks, post #4 says it stinks, dang, I'm having a tough time understanding how S&W can sell any M&P models at all.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    When did you send it in? It stinks having to send a new gun back to the factory.
    Fed ex picked it up on March 11...S&W received it on March 13. Average turnaround time is two weeks, so I'm looking for it around the 27th.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, I'd be bummed too. At least S&W really will make it right and it won't cost a penny. They pay for shipping both ways unlike Taurus CS who helped themselves to my Hogue Handall off my 740 the first time I sent it in and most recently wanted me to pay $60 to ship it in for the latest failure. Here's a little trick I've heard but never tried: when you send a gun to S&W, don't send a magazine with it. The magazine fairy has a tendency to include a brand new one in the return package.

So you suggest rewarding a company who provides good Customer Service by squirreling them out of an extra mag? With that sort of thinking, you should work...for Taurus.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    So you suggest rewarding a company who provides good Customer Service by squirreling them out of an extra mag? With that sort of thinking, you should work...for Taurus.
    No, and it's not "squirreling them out" of anything. The long version of the story is that a range officer and instructor I know had an M&P-15 that would fire while on safe, he sent it in and they fixed it and sent it back with a brand new mag. His son had issues with an M&P40c not locking the slide back on the last round, sent it in and they fixed it and sent it back with a new mag also. No one asked them to send a free mag, they just did it, if they didn't want to then they wouldn't have. And Taurus is way too cheap to send a free anything, you're lucky if you get a CS rep that speaks fluent English when you call them.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    One concern I have is that with the big push for handguns is that some companies might let quality control slip a little to keep up with demand and stories like this will become common. I hope not but I think it is a concern.

MJB, Yeah, I was just ribbin' ya'. S&W CS is great, mostly because I haven't had to deal with them very often. Taurus CS is like a twice-daily trip...to the dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    MJB, Yeah, I was just ribbin' ya'. S&W CS is great, mostly because I haven't had to deal with them very often. Taurus CS is like a twice-daily trip...to the dentist.
    Or a colonoscopy without anesthesia...

Should have just got the Glock for the same effect.

You mentioned a shooting bench, if you were shooting from a bench is it possible you di not have a firm grip on the gun?
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Should have just got the Glock for the same effect.

You mentioned a shooting bench, if you were shooting from a bench is it possible you di not have a firm grip on the gun?
    Anything is possible but I fired the weapon both standing and sitting with the same result. I watched my friend fire from a standing postion and he had the same results as me. I talked with Customer Service today and they are emailing a return label so off it goes. Not good but it has to fixed. I'll keep you up dated.

Good luck Timbrr.
    I know what you're feeling about sending in a new gun. I got a Ruger SR9c about 15 months ago, and after 600 rounds, it would still not reset the trigger about 2 shots from every mag. Sent it in, and had it back in 11 days from them. All free, and they returned with a hat, cleaning cloth with Ruger logo, and several stickers. Not much, but it was timely, and it was 100% fixed for free.

Good luck with your S&W 9.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links