New PPK/S just discovered!!!

This is a discussion on New PPK/S just discovered!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; PPK/S .22 | Walther Arms ...guess it's been out about a year... ...had a .380 back in the day...never liked the way it shot...have never ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New PPK/S just discovered!!!

PPK/S .22 | Walther Arms
    ...guess it's been out about a year...
    ...had a .380 back in the day...never liked the way it shot...have never found a compact .22 pistol I liked...and have never gotten over the like for the look of the Walther...just stumbled across a Walther ad and saw this one on the side...

...gotta be REAL GOOD between now and Santytime...
    Sky Pilot and grouse like this.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    When will they actually be produced for sale? Haven't seen one available anywhere yet. I'm in for one when they do hit the shelves. A .22lr PP series is a lot of fun. I already have a PPK/S, both .22 and .380, but I'd get another new generation model.

I also own the MP5 and 1911 clones produced by Walther and they are very high quality, extremely fun gun. Better than I expected.

...researching further, I've run across folks who say that Walther's been bought by Umarex...that's a bad sign...and that the slides may be zinc...I hope they haven't taken another respected name and plastered it on cheap cwap...still digging...

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Always wanted a PPk...& that is one sexy little .22! Cannot think of any reason to own one. Where would it fit in my battery? That makes me want to own one all the more!

Why is that?
    Snub44 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...researching further, I've run across folks who say that Walther's been bought by Umarex...that's a bad sign...and that the slides may be zinc...I hope they haven't taken another respected name and plastered it on cheap cwap...still digging...
    The following indicates something different concerning Walther and Umarex.

Walther Arms Moves to Fort Smith, Plans $7 Million Expansion with Umarex USA | Arkansas Business News | ArkansasBusiness.com

Umarex USA makes sporting and replica air guns. Its line of products includes paintball guns, pellet guns, air pistols and accessories. Umarex USA is owned by PW Group of Germany, which also owns firearms leader Walther Co. in Germany. Walther is 126 years old and makes firearms from .22-caliber to .40-caliber.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

RT
    I know Umarex is licensed to use the Walther brand, among many others, on their replica airsoft and BB guns, but I haven't seen anyting regarding Walther being bought out by them. I also know Umarex USA imports several brands of firearms, so maybe Umarex putting their name on the guns as importer confused some folks into thinking they had bought Walther.

"...to include components of both airguns and firearms..." have also read that U makes parts for the P22...so I'm still digging...

...from the horse's mouth: http://www.umarexusa.com/pages/Umare...uildingPR.aspx

...U and Walther are now owned by the same folks, according to this: and S&W may not be selling Walthers soon:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/umarex/

Walther used to manufacture these 22's back in the old days...
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

My understanding of the relationship is that Walther makes the firearms and Umarex is the importer/ customer service vendor in the U.S., now that S&W is out of the picture. When Walther Arms is up and running I expect Umarex involvement will fade away to a lesser extent.

...hope so...I want this little popper...IF it's made to Walther quality...still looking for some reviews...one of the cites says U is making some firearm parts, though...

Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    Always wanted a PPk...& that is one sexy little .22! Cannot think of any reason to own one.
    Looks like the DA pull is similar to the original, 17.5 lbs per the website!

I've always loved the original PP series (one of the first DA/SA auto designs available), but that first pull is a doosey...
    Snub44 likes this.

...long ago, wasn't the PP available in .22LR?

This link to Walther Arms explains the new relationships, etc.
    http://www.waltherarms.com/about-walther/

...well, that's different from the other links...and so is this: Walther announcing PPK/S in .22

...after saying S&W would continue making the PPK....they announce that the PPK/S .22LR will be made in Germany...

...now...why would we assume as is all over the net that there would be a zinc slide when this article says black matte or stainless steel, and it's being made in Germany...where Walther has always been high quality? this raises my hopes a lot for an excellent gun...

...from our own forum: I GOTTA have one of these--PPK/S in .22LR

...and I plumb forgot it, I got so excited to see the gun the other night...seems we still don't have an answer for sure...but if it's offered in stainless steel...that ain't hardly zinc...even if U is making it...

...the thread went sour before anyone proved anything...does anyone here OWN one???

(MODS) may want to merge these threads...thanks...

Here's the first one I've seen for sale, listed on Gunbroker.
    Walther PPK/S 22lr .22 NEW German Threaded : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links